    i fix is this just the display driver
    --
    danny

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFuNjk5OQ==?=, May 27, 2005

  2. Press F8 immediately during the boot process, and boot into safe mode. In
    safe mode, change the setting on your video to something really basic, like
    800x600 at 60Hz. Reboot, and try again.

    And yes, it's possible you need an updated driver. The major video chipset
    vendors have already provided good drivers for x64, so download from them
    directly, or from planetamd64.com.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 27, 2005

  3. I agree, sounds like a driver issue to me. What kind of machine (and more
    importantly video card) is this?

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 27, 2005
  4. dan6999 <> wrote:
    > when loading xp64 i get threw instal then when computer reboots the
    > monitor gives a warning mesage out of frequency then goes in to stand
    > by mode how can i fix is this just the display driver

    Hi, most probably a problem with the HDD driver.
    Looks like you'll have to install drivers with F6 during setup. My guess is
    you have a ASUS mobo with sata connectors.
    Right ?

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, May 27, 2005
  5. under thank you
    i have an asus motherboard.a8v delux
    ata radion 9600 grathics card.
    i had windows server 2003 64 bit working perfect out of the box but when i
    formated and installed windows xpx64 i can only boot up under safe mode.
    in display properties the adapter is not showing my card
    vga display ccontroller properties show the deyice type as non plug and play
    drivers.
    manufacturer unknown.
    when i try to install upgraded drivers it says hard ware not there.
    any help would be apreciated thank you in advance

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFuNjk5OQ==?=, May 27, 2005
  6. dan6999 <> wrote:
    > under thank you
    > i have an asus motherboard.a8v delux
    > ata radion 9600 grathics card.
    > i had windows server 2003 64 bit working perfect out of the box but
    > when i formated and installed windows xpx64 i can only boot up under
    > safe mode.
    > in display properties the adapter is not showing my card
    > vga display ccontroller properties show the deyice type as non plug
    > and play drivers.
    > manufacturer unknown.
    > when i try to install upgraded drivers it says hard ware not there.
    > any help would be apreciated thank you in advance

    So the problem is with your video card.
    Have a look here for the right drivers:
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27
    or here : http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?dlcategory=6

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, May 27, 2005
  7. i have the updated drivers but i can not boot into windows without it hanging
    on the start up screen.
    my video card is detected in system but when i try to load drivers it says
    it is not there

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFuNjk5OQ==?=, May 28, 2005