    indications it has connected via messages about messenger, antivirus
    updates etc. However after a protracted period it settles to only the
    desktop background and no icons or access to the task bar.
    Bob H, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Bob H

    *****General Guest

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My grandsons Dell Laptop goes thru the bootup sequence and gives
    > indications it has connected via messages about messenger, antivirus
    > updates etc. However after a protracted period it settles to only the
    > desktop background and no icons or access to the task bar.

    Tell him to stop looking at porn.
    *****General, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Bob H

    Ben Myers Guest

    Please repost with more information, including the operating system
    installed on the affected computer.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Bob H

    Plato Guest

    Bob H wrote:

    > My grandsons Dell Laptop goes thru the bootup sequence and gives
    > indications it has connected via messages about messenger, antivirus
    > updates etc. However after a protracted period it settles to only the
    > desktop background and no icons or access to the task bar.

    Download two antivirus and two antispyware apps to a new folder. Boot to
    safe mode. Install and run each. Delete all nasties. Reboot. Run each
    again, update first. Then run again, full scan.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 12, 2006
  5. Bob H

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:15:51 -0500, "Bob H" <> wrote:

    >My grandsons Dell Laptop goes thru the bootup sequence and gives
    >indications it has connected via messages about messenger, antivirus
    >updates etc. However after a protracted period it settles to only the
    >desktop background and no icons or access to the task bar.

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318027

    Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar: Line 195 at

    Systray Icons Missing
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSystray.htm
    Unk, Jan 12, 2006