boot up error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo all
    Hope you can help with the following:-

    O/s = WinME

    Background.........

    1 .. loaded a cd into the cd rom
    2 .. opened up "explore" and then opened up the CD
    3 .. created a new folder
    4 .. cut and pasted the files from the cd into this folder
    5 .. one of the files was called "unlock"
    6 .. clicked this and then the screen went blank with just the cursor
    blinking in the top left hand corner

    I waited a few seconds - nothing happened so i hit the "restart" button

    System started to load - got as far as "searching for bootup from CD flopy
    drive"

    Screen went dark grey with the cursor blinking in top left hand corner.

    Then screen went black and then a messaged appeared.........

    .......... out of timing.......

    that disappeared and the monitor went into "standby"

    A few seconds later the monitor came out of standby and the system loaded.

    Restared the system and it still goes into "out of timing" etc

    So i thought i would send you guys a post asking for help, however, a minute
    or so into typing the message the screen went blue and i got an eoor
    message......
    "system has an error click any key to resume"

    It didn't and i restarted the system, three times and tried to retype the
    post but it kept erroring.

    So i have been typing a line and the saving it as draft and restarting the
    system type another line and so on.

    Any ideas what is wrong?
    Any ideas on how to correct it?

    thanks

    anOLDun, Aug 30, 2004

  2. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    me again.......
    the error reference is.........
    06 : F001 : 0000F001
    Cheers

    anOLDun, Aug 30, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    And again..

    Seems i may have 2 problems.

    Just spotted that when I am typing and i hit the "caps lock" key the system
    goes into "error" mode.

    So a new keyboard may resolve THAT problem.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Aug 30, 2004
  4. anOLDun

    Rob K Guest

    anOLDun wrote :
    > Lo all
    > Hope you can help with the following:-

    <snip>

    First thing I'd try is use another 'known good' keyboard.

    Then I'd boot into safe mode (f8 or ctrl-f8 IIRC) and check the monitor
    settings. Your monitor may be out of sync if I understand you
    correctly. BTW, why were you copying the contents of the CD and what
    kind of unlocking were you trying to do ?

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Aug 31, 2004
  5. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Rob K

    Thanks for the reply - yep will use a different keyboard and see what hapens
    then.

    It is an Adobe "classroom book" cd - i also have the "paper" version. I just
    thought it would be easier to have the "lessons" installed and then read the
    info off the screen as opposed to having to keep taking my eyes off the
    screen and looking down to read the book.

    As for the "unlocking" - button - the booksays if you use a "Mac" ignore the
    unlocking button..... however if u are using a PC clicking on the unlocking
    button "opens" the files. I clicked on a file before i tried the unlocking
    button but all i got was an image.

    Why they did it that way i have no idea.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Aug 31, 2004