    and 2 short beeps ?

    Any ideas ?

    Joe

    Joe @ Seaham, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Joe @ Seaham

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:53:32 +1100, "Joe @ Seaham"
    <> wrote:

    >Got a problem, a friend tries to boot up his computer but gets a long
    >and 2 short beeps ?
    >
    >Any ideas ?
    >
    >Joe

    You didn't mention the BIOS type. Sounds like memory.....

    http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm
    http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
    http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/
    http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm#04
    http://www.ami.com/support/doc/AMIBIOS-codes.pdf
    http://www.webenet.net/~ntuser/phoenixbeep.htm
    http://www.sysopt.com/biosbmc.html
    http://www.5starsupport.com/info/beep_codes.htm
    By BIOS type: http://www.bioscentral.com

    Unk, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Joe @ Seaham

    Sunny Guest

    "Joe @ Seaham" <> wrote in message
    > Got a problem, a friend tries to boot up his computer but gets a long
    > and 2 short beeps ?
    >
    > Any ideas ?

    Usually it's a video problem :
    http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/award.htm

    Sunny, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Joe @ Seaham

    ICee Guest

    Joe @ Seaham wrote:
    > Got a problem, a friend tries to boot up his computer but gets a long
    > and 2 short beeps ?
    >
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > Joe

    Yep, video problem. reseat the video card, check monitor cable and
    connection.
    http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    ICee, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Joe @ Seaham

    Tech Murphy Guest

    The beeps are bios error codes

    Look up the error codes for the bios for your computer.

    Tech Murphy, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Joe @ Seaham

    DE Guest

    ICee wrote:
    > Joe @ Seaham wrote:
    >
    >>Got a problem, a friend tries to boot up his computer but gets a long
    >>and 2 short beeps ?
    >>
    >>Any ideas ?
    >>
    >>Joe

    > Yep, video problem. reseat the video card, check monitor cable and
    > connection.
    > http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    You can also get the same code -- and no video -- if the keyboard is not
    plugged in properly, on many systems.

    DE, Feb 23, 2004
  7. Joe @ Seaham

    eric_seal Guest

    "DE" <> wrote in message
    > ICee wrote:
    > > Joe @ Seaham wrote:
    > >
    > >>Got a problem, a friend tries to boot up his computer but gets a long
    > >>and 2 short beeps ?
    > >>
    > >>Any ideas ?
    > >>
    > >>Joe

    > > Yep, video problem. reseat the video card, check monitor cable and
    > > connection.
    > > http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    > You can also get the same code -- and no video -- if the keyboard is not
    > plugged in properly, on many systems.

    OK, this is stating the obvious, I hope, but, switch the computer off
    before yanking around with its innards, like reseating the video card... or
    you might get some lumiere to match the son...

    ---

    eric_seal, Feb 23, 2004