    If it helps, the two brands I'm considering are Canon (Powershot A95
    or others), and Sony (multiple models).

    Thanks for your help!
    Moo, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Moo

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 19 Nov 2004 08:53:52 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    (Moo) wrote:

    >I don't know about anyone else out there, but after picture quality,
    >the most important feature to me is boot time and recycle time. We
    >mostly take pictures of our kids, and when we see a photo opportunity,
    >we want to grab it as soon as possible. There's not a lot of
    >information out there about boot (startup) and recycle (time between
    >pictures) times,

    Doesn't every full review on DPReview give this info?
    http:www.dpreview.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Moo

    Roger Guest

    On 19 Nov 2004 08:53:52 -0800, (Moo) wrote:

    >I don't know about anyone else out there, but after picture quality,
    >the most important feature to me is boot time and recycle time. We
    >mostly take pictures of our kids, and when we see a photo opportunity,
    >we want to grab it as soon as possible. There's not a lot of
    >information out there about boot (startup) and recycle (time between
    >pictures) times, and it doesn't seem to be a standard specification
    >that's published by the manufacturers. Does anyone know where I can
    >compare cameras by this feature?
    >
    >If it helps, the two brands I'm considering are Canon (Powershot A95
    >or others), and Sony (multiple models).

    I don't know much about the P&S, but the D70 is basically instant on
    and no detectable delay on shooting. However if you use a big lens
    there may be a short focusing delay.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com
    Roger, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Roger wrote:
    > On 19 Nov 2004 08:53:52 -0800, (Moo) wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know about anyone else out there, but after picture quality,
    >> the most important feature to me is boot time and recycle time. We
    >> mostly take pictures of our kids, and when we see a photo
    >> opportunity, we want to grab it as soon as possible. There's not a
    >> lot of information out there about boot (startup) and recycle (time
    >> between pictures) times, and it doesn't seem to be a standard
    >> specification that's published by the manufacturers. Does anyone
    >> know where I can compare cameras by this feature?
    >>
    >> If it helps, the two brands I'm considering are Canon (Powershot A95
    >> or others), and Sony (multiple models).
    >>

    > I don't know much about the P&S, but the D70 is basically instant on
    > and no detectable delay on shooting. However if you use a big lens
    > there may be a short focusing delay.

    This is pretty much my experience with my new Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D -
    when I turn it on, it is ready to go before I get it up to my eye.
    Shutter lag seems quite minimal after AF is achieved - that varies
    greatly with lens and lighting conditions.

    Bob ^,,^
    Bob Harrington, Nov 20, 2004