    sounds or play them. In fact sounds don't play at all except when I open an
    MP3 or something, then it works fine. My volume control is up. I dont
    understand.

    Guest, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    1). Enter msconfig into the Start / Run box, and press the
    'Advanced' button. Uncheck 'Enable startup menu'.

    2). Open your audio properties, by right clicking on the little
    speaker in the system tray, and choose 'Adjust audio
    properties'. Under 'Recording', select the correct audio
    device.
    Open your volume properties, by double clicking on the
    little speaker icon. Make sure that your Mic and Line-in
    are not muted, and the volumes are turned up.

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:26:48 GMT, in
    <cvt8b.697$>
    <> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Guest

    Bebo Guest

    your discribing about the details are not enough.
    System?
    Hardware?
    etc.

    Gruss Beni

    Am Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:26:48 GMT hat <>
    geschrieben:

    Bebo, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Guest

    Mangusta Guest

    With the boot from cd:

    Most BIOS give this option only when it detects a bootable CD in the CDROM.

    You can disable boot from CDROM in the BIOS configuration, this should
    remove the 8 second wait...

    Cheers
    Paul

    Mangusta, Sep 19, 2003