    which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
    my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
    setting any help please. TIA
    bird, Dec 27, 2003

  2. bird

    HamMan Guest

    "bird" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
    > CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
    > which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
    > my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
    > setting any help please. TIA

    Press the + or - buttons on the number pad, or pageup and pagedown
    HamMan, Dec 27, 2003

  3. bird

    °Mike° Guest

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:08:15 -0500, in
    <>
    bird scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 27, 2003
  4. bird

    Patrick Guest

    bird wrote:
    > HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
    > CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
    > which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
    > my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
    > setting any help please. TIA

    If it is an AMIBIOS then;
    *Page Up/Page Down* change the parameters/settings
    (may be described as PgUp/PgDown)

    If not, then try '-' & '+'
    Patrick, Dec 27, 2003
  5. bird

    Ben Myers Guest

    Many older computers can't boot from a CD. If "CDROM" isn't
    listed, try creating a boot floppy with CD drivers.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 27, 2003
  6. bird

    Bodysnatcher Guest

    Just being curious, but want is the preferred Boot sequence, having Windows
    xp installed which does not need a bootdisk!!!

    Bodysnatcher, Dec 27, 2003
  7. bird

    Patrick Guest

    Bodysnatcher wrote:
    > Just being curious, but want is the preferred Boot sequence, having
    > Windows xp installed which does not need a bootdisk!!!

    Floppy-drive > CD-ROM > HDD this gives max convenience
    With floppy first you can load 'drivers' for the CD-ROM-device or any other
    device.
    With CD-ROM second, then you can run the machine from a CD-ROM if required.

    However above presents a security-flaw in that another person (hacker) is
    allowed same said convenience.

    Patrick, Dec 27, 2003
  8. bird

    bird Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:16:49 GMT, "Ben Myers"
    All the combinations are listed eg..........CDROM ,A, C. CDROM,C,
    A. A, C. AND SO ON. ps my pc is a P2 5000 mhz.

    bird, Dec 28, 2003
  9. bird

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't you read replies?

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:01:32 -0500, in
    <>
    bird scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003
  10. bird

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try using the arrow keys to make your selection, then press
    "Enter". Then press "Esc". If you are asked about saving
    the new settings, type "y" and press "Enter".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 28, 2003