    what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
    then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
    any help please. TIA

    bird, Dec 23, 2003

  2. bird

    Brian H¹© Guest

    bird said:

    > Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
    > sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
    > able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
    > what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
    > then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
    > any help please. TIA

    Use the Page Up/Page Down keys.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 23, 2003

  3. bird

    Flying Rat Guest

    bird said this...
    > Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
    > sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
    > able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
    > what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
    > then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
    > any help please. TIA

    It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed by
    hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting

    FR
    --
    Are we havin' fun yet?

    www.flyingrat.net

    Flying Rat, Dec 23, 2003
  4. bird

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Flying Rat said:

    > bird said this...
    >> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
    >> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
    >> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
    >> what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
    >> then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
    >> any help please. TIA
    >>

    > It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed by
    > hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting
    >
    > FR

    She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence as A,C

    Brian H¹©, Dec 23, 2003
  5. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Flying Rat said:

    <snippage>
    > She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence

    as A,C

    Most BIOS's have a help panel at either the bottom, or the left of the
    screen. This should prompt you as to which keys to use to change the
    selection. I have encountered the following over the years...

    <Page Up / Down>
    (+ and -)
    (+ and _)
    (=and-)
    (<enter key> and submenu)
    (some combinations of the arrow keys)

    Have a try, and if you get confused, just reset the machine (via the reset
    button) - it will go back to it's original settings if you haven't saved
    anything)

    HTH
    Box

    Boxington Headmaker, Dec 23, 2003
  6. bird

    Flying Rat Guest

    Brian H¹© said this...
    > Flying Rat said:
    >
    > > bird said this...
    > >> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
    > >> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
    > >> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
    > >> what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
    > >> then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
    > >> any help please. TIA
    > >>

    > > It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed by
    > > hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting
    > >
    > > FR

    > She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence as A,C

    in which case you are right. Some BIOS setup progs also let you change
    the setting by hitting the right arrow key, then up and down. It'll be
    one of the two.

    FR
    --
    Are we havin' fun yet?

    www.flyingrat.net

    Flying Rat, Dec 23, 2003
  7. > Most BIOS's have a help panel at either the bottom, or the left of the
    > screen.

    (my left, your right)
    D'oh

    Boxington Headmaker, Dec 23, 2003
  8. bird

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Boxington Headmaker said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Flying Rat said:
    >>

    > <snippage>
    >> She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence as
    >> A,C
    >>

    > Most BIOS's have a help panel at either the bottom, or the left of the
    > screen. This should prompt you as to which keys to use to change the
    > selection. I have encountered the following over the years...
    >
    > <Page Up / Down>
    > (+ and -)
    > (+ and _)
    > (=and-)
    > (<enter key> and submenu)
    > (some combinations of the arrow keys)
    >
    > Have a try, and if you get confused, just reset the machine (via the reset
    > button) - it will go back to it's original settings if you haven't saved
    > anything)
    >
    > HTH
    > Box

    You could try telling the OP instead of me.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 23, 2003
  9. "Brian H¹©" <-co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Boxington Headmaker said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <-vne.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

    <more snipage>

    > You could try telling the OP instead of me.

    <$excuse: Yours was the first to point out that she'd already accessed the
    BIOS {something I'd missed in my haste, as well}>
    Therefore:
    I could, but that would mean being slightly more sober than I am now. And
    neither of us want that -- do we.
    Thirdly, I've just subscribed to this froup this evening, so you can expect
    me to disappear in about 2 hours

    {of course if I remain, I'll attempt to post in the correct order - {baring
    obvious OE foobar's})

    Sorry,

    Box

    Boxington Headmaker, Dec 23, 2003
  10. bird

    Patrick Guest

    Flying Rat wrote:
    > Brian H¹© said this...
    >> Flying Rat said:
    >>
    >>> bird said this...
    >>>>
    >>> It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed
    >>> by hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting
    >>>
    >>> FR

    >> She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the
    >> sequence as A,C
    >>

    > in which case you are right. Some BIOS setup progs also let you change
    > the setting by hitting the right arrow key, then up and down. It'll be
    > one of the two.
    >
    > FR

    Whereas, the arrow-keys are actually (usually) used, to navigate from one
    item to another, on a page in BIOS. :)

    --
    Yes/No ?

    Patrick, Dec 23, 2003
  11. bird

    °Mike° Guest

    Use the [Page Up] and [Page Down] keys. You should be
    looking to change it to 'CD, A, C' or 'A, CD, C'.

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:45:25 -0500, in
    <>
    bird scrawled:

    --