    Winternals Disk Commander. None of them works...

    Please please help...
    Eric

    Eric, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Eric

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    news:0MnFc.7793$
    >| Hi All,
    >| My hard drive has a corrupted boot sector or MBR. I could see
    >| the drive letter in My Computer, on double click says "Do you want
    >| to format it now" I use disk editor in DOS and I still could see
    >| my stuff in there, just
    >| no partition, no drive letter.
    >| Is there any software could help? I've try Microsoft DiskProbe,
    >| SPFDISK, Winternals Disk Commander. None of them works...
    >|
    >| Please please help...
    >| Eric

    c:\fdisk /mbr

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Eric

    mdp Guest

    Make sure you don't have a drive overlay first.

    mdp, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Eric

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Oh yeah - that's for sure. I forgot about Disk Manager and such. I don't
    have to use those anymore <g>! Roxio GoBack is another one that messes with
    the MBR. I hate that...

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2004