    know what is the latest revision of the boot rom, nor the best place
    to purchase it

    Thanks!

    Mike Rahl, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Mike Rahl <> writes:
    >Could anyone tell me what I need to order, and the best place to order
    >the boot ROM chips required to upgrade a Cisco 2610 and a Cisco 2620
    >router to XM functionality? I'm using 1 of each in my lab, but don't
    >know what is the latest revision of the boot rom, nor the best place
    >to purchase it

    You need to order the part cisco2620xm.

    eBay should have a bunch.

    There is no way to update the boot ROM to get past the memory
    controller limitations on the ancient boxes.

    The only boot ROM upgrade available is on existing XM boxes to take
    the limit from 128M up to 256M of DRAM on the 26??XM boxes, but you
    have to already have the XM router model in the first place.

    You're stuck with the older non XM boxes, you can only get a new router.

    Doug McIntyre, Jun 14, 2007