Boot process stops at acpitabl.dat

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. I have an AMD 64 3200+ hooked up on an ASUS A8N-SLI using the on-board nvRAID
    for two SATA drives feeding a Leadtek 6600TDH Ex Ed SLI graphics card. I've
    read the other forums and I think the biggest problem appears to be the RAID
    driver. I've tried the 64 bit driver that came with the mobo, the ones from
    www.planetAMD64.com, and I've checked (but not found) for updated
    installation drivers on the ASUS and aVidia websites.

    Anyone here been able to get this to work?
    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 5, 2005

  2. I wanted to add that I retried after upgrading to the latest full release
    BIOS (1008). Still no luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Anthony <> wrote:
    > I have an AMD 64 3200+ hooked up on an ASUS A8N-SLI using the
    > on-board nvRAID for two SATA drives feeding a Leadtek 6600TDH Ex Ed
    > SLI graphics card. I've read the other forums and I think the
    > biggest problem appears to be the RAID driver. I've tried the 64 bit
    > driver that came with the mobo, the ones from www.planetAMD64.com,
    > and I've checked (but not found) for updated installation drivers on
    > the ASUS and aVidia websites.
    >
    > Anyone here been able to get this to work?

    Hi Antony,

    Just 2 things: if your chip is an nVidia, you do not need any driver,
    otherwise, try those available on www.viaarena.com

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselde - Belgium)
    Christian Hougardy, Jul 5, 2005
  4. In order to get the Windows installation to recognize the RAID drive during
    install, you have to have chipset specific drivers which you install by
    pressing F6 during the install.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Make sure you are getting the latest BIOS for your version standard,
    deluxe or premium.

    John Barnes, Jul 6, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Are you trying to use the SI or Nvidia Raid?

    John Barnes, Jul 6, 2005
  7. Standard version, and confirmed.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 6, 2005
  8. I amd using the nVidia RAID. The standard version of the A8N-SLI only has
    one SATA RAID controller, and that's the nVidia one. I believe PATA RAID can
    be accomplished using either controller, but I'm using SATA drives.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 6, 2005
  9. If you have the nVidia chipset, then you should not have to use F6 to
    provide any drivers.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 6, 2005
  10. Okay, I'll try it and post the results.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 6, 2005
  11. IF I do not istall the drivers during install (via the F6 command), Windows
    sees the RAID drives as two seperate drives. BIOS is set up exactly the same
    way it was with Win XP Pro 32-bit, and the RAID config worked perfectly
    there, so unless there is a hidden menu somewhere, I need to do the F6.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 6, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Ian Guest

    Yes, you have to give it the drivers (hit F6) the second that you
    get the first blue screen and read / pay attention to the bottom
    of the screen
    ........or yes, x64 will see your sATA drives as separate.
    ........providing that your array is still intact from the prior OS
    install........

    Ian, Jul 6, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You definitely need the F6 drivers for RAID. That said, can you boot up in
    Safe Mode. I have seen this problem be with the display adapters and you
    may need to get updated drivers for your video card.

    John Barnes, Jul 6, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    I'm having the same problem with the same MB with the 6.66 drivers. I
    believe I had the SATA drives working with the 6.34 drivers but not sure. I
    lost a power supply right after I got it working and had to wait a week for
    a new one, got busy at work, and well at my age, two weeks is enough for me
    to forget everything. I've just made the f6 floppy with the 6.34 drivers
    and about to give it a try. Will post back with results in about 24 hours
    as it's getting close to bed time here in Korea.

    Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 6, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Well that did it. The 6.34 work, just ignore the two error messages that it
    can't find two files. After everything was up and running after a few
    reboots, microsoft update, etc., I installed the 6.66 WHQL drivers and they
    work fine. Just have to use the 6.34's for the f6 install. Time for bed.
    Now if I can just find out what that one unknown device is in device
    manager, I'll sleep well.

    Bill Sharpe

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 6, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Would be nice to know what you included on your F6 floppy. Given that 6.34
    (ASUS version) is a 28.4 mb, zipped, 76.3 mb unzipped, which doesn't fit on
    any floppy I've seen.

    John Barnes, Jul 6, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Unzip it and you will find a folder called "Driver Disk" and within that
    folder a file called "makedisk.exe." Couldn't be any easier.

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 6, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Did that, but the drivers are the Nvidia raid and controller drivers, which
    I have tried on numerous occasions with no success.

    John Barnes, Jul 6, 2005
  19. I'll try the 6.34 driver. Meanwhile, I've noticed that my Athlon 64 3200+
    processor is sometimes not recognized until I seperately install the driver
    for it.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 7, 2005

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=

    Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=, May 9, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit