    The last thing I installed was Norton System Works. I don't really think
    that is the problem but who knows. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    Tom

    Thomas, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Thomas

    - Bobb - Guest

    From that "safe mode" screen, if you elect 'Normal', does it work
    "normally" ?

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...ddocs/en-us/system_file_checker.mspx?mfr=true
    to check your files.
    Let us know the results

    It was OK ? then ..

    My computer - right-click on your C drive - properties. From the Tools
    tab - run "Check Now". Then check both boxes " scan for " and
    "automatically fix". It will tell you that you need to reboot to have it
    do so - let it reboot.
    That will scan for " bad files" and rename them ( in the given folder)
    to filecheck001, 002 etc
    http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/bkscandisk98.html

    Let us know

    - Bobb -, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    This turned out to be the on board lan card. Turned it off and all is fine.
    It must have gone out?

    Thomas, Nov 19, 2006