    hard disk drive 0 not found
    No bootable device(s) selected
    Can anyone please tell me what's up?

    Bingle, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Bingle

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:20:03 -0700, "Bingle" <>
    wrote:

    >Unable to boot my Dell Latitude cpx
    >I get this message when I power on: Primary
    >hard disk drive 0 not found
    >No bootable device(s) selected
    >Can anyone please tell me what's up?

    Make sure the hard drive is connected, and has power.

    Is this a new machine? used?

    Evan Platt, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Bingle

    Bingle Guest

    It's used. Haven't had any problems before. I was making a copy of a dvd
    when it crashed. How do I check my hard drive?

    Bingle, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Bingle

    Guest

    , Aug 22, 2006
  5. Bingle

    Plato Guest

    Bingle wrote:

    > Unable to boot my Dell Latitude cpx
    > I get this message when I power on: Primary
    > hard disk drive 0 not found
    > No bootable device(s) selected
    > Can anyone please tell me what's up?

    1. The bios may have lost it's hard drive settings due to a bad cmos
    battery or mild surge. Try auto or auto detect and see if the bios finds
    it.
    2. The hard drive may be dead.
    3. A data or power cable may have come loose or became loose fitting, or
    has gone bad.
    4. The bios may have lost the boot order setting. Make sure the hard
    drive is listed as a boot device.
    5. Another drive on the same channel as your goog bootable drive may
    have gone bad or the cables going to it need replacing. This may result
    in your good, primary boot drive not being able to work until the bad
    drive is removed or replaced.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Bingle

    Bingle Guest

    Powered up this AM and it booted up just fine. Didn't do anything but hit
    the power button. Some bad juju at work here, huh? Thanks to everyone who
    responded.

    Bingle, Aug 23, 2006
  7. Bingle

    Guest

    It may be but a warning. Time to start backing up everything.

    Bingle wrote:
    > Powered up this AM and it booted up just fine. Didn't do anything but hit
    > the power button. Some bad juju at work here, huh? Thanks to everyone who
    > responded.

    , Aug 23, 2006