    hard drives. I can see the BIOS, yet the machine will not try to boot from
    a device.

    Thanks.
    Gary Sullivan, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Gary Sullivan

    Guest

    check the boot sequnce , try to boot from floppy. (if that works then
    it's definitely a bad primary ide connector or bad ide cable connecting
    your HDD)

    It could be that the bad PSU damaged the mobo.
    try moving the HDD onto the secondary IDE connector.
    , Dec 31, 2004

  3. Gary Sullivan

    Wizard Guest

    It is very likely that when the PS failed it took out your motherboard
    or some other devices with it.

    Wizard, Jan 3, 2005