    What occurs this problem, and more important...how can I fix it?

    Thanks anyway

    Rob
    Rob, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Rob

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:39:17 +0200, in
    <>
    Rob scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > I have a problem with my pc, when it starts up I got an a screen with
    > my hardware on it and a last line " PRESS F1 TO RESUME"

    And the lines before that are?

    The "Press F1 to resume" is there so that you can SEE the warning /
    error message.

    Try applying basic literacy, and READING the screen.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Op Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:13:44 -0500 schreef "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <>:

    >Howdy!
    >
    >"Rob" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a problem with my pc, when it starts up I got an a screen with
    >> my hardware on it and a last line " PRESS F1 TO RESUME"

    > And the lines before that are?

    These lines:

    Copyright 1996-2001 Intel Corporation

    GB85010A.18A.0066 P15.GB85010A.1

    Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 Processor, 1.70 Ghz

    256 Mb System RAM

    Fixed Disk 0: Maxtor 6Y0610 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)

    Fixed Disk 1: Maxtor 5TO40H4 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)

    Atapi Cd-Rom Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-116
    Atapi Cd-Rom LITE-ON LTR-321235

    Legacy keyboard-Detected

    USB- Legalcy-Enabled

    Press F1 to Resume

    Rob, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Rob

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:03:04 +0200, Rob <> wrote:

    >> And the lines before that are?

    >These lines:
    >
    >Copyright 1996-2001 Intel Corporation
    >
    >GB85010A.18A.0066 P15.GB85010A.1
    >
    >Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 Processor, 1.70 Ghz
    >
    >256 Mb System RAM
    >
    >Fixed Disk 0: Maxtor 6Y0610 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)
    >
    >Fixed Disk 1: Maxtor 5TO40H4 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)
    >
    >Atapi Cd-Rom Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-116
    >Atapi Cd-Rom LITE-ON LTR-321235
    >
    >Legacy keyboard-Detected
    >
    >USB- Legalcy-Enabled
    >
    >Press F1 to Resume

    No obvious warning there. In the BIOS, there may be an option to Halt
    on all errors. If you disable it, the PC should boot without stopping
    (but then you won't know anything's wrong). However if the PC works
    without probs, it might be safe to do this

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Oct 14, 2003