Boot problem with Promise SATA Fasttrack S150TX2 Plus

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Dennis Peere, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Dennis Peere

    Dennis Peere Guest

    Dear All,

    I seem to have a boot problem with the Fasttrack S150TX2 Plus controller.
    The manual clearly states that you need to create an array, only with one
    disk connected to the controller.
    When I create an array, I can't seem to boot from CDROM anymore.
    When I try to boot from CDROM I get the following message :
    Disk I/O error Replace the disk, and press any key
    When I disconnect the SATA cable from the disk, I can boot from CDROM
    without any problem.

    I've performed the following tests on an Intel SE440BX-2 (Seattle), Intel
    AL440LX (Atlanta) & Aopen MX3S-T mainboard:
    Boot from CD without Riser Card or Promise controller => OK
    Boot from CD => OK
    Boot from CD + Promise controller => OK
    Boot from CD with SATA HD connected (No Array configured) => OK
    Boot from CD works but HD is not accessible because there is no array
    configured
    Boot from CD with SATA HD connected (With Array configured) => NOK
    When trying to access the CD it gives the following error
    => Disk I/O error Replace the disk, and press any key
    Boot from CD with normal IDE HD connected (No Array configured) => OK
    Boot from CD works but HD is not accessible because there is no array
    configured
    Boot from CD with normal HD connected (With Array configured) => NOK
    When trying to access the CD it gives the following error
    => Disk I/O error Replace the disk, and press any key

    Can someone help me out please ?

    Regards,

    Dennis Peere

    Dennis Peere, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Dennis Peere

    Wizard Guest

    Put on the second SATA drive for the array then I'm sure it will work.

    Wizard, Sep 13, 2004