    will go on as long as there is power to the computer. I sometimes can
    boot to the console using my W2K CD, but I can't look at any other
    files outside C:\WINNT. HELP!!!

    Benjamin Ransum, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Benjamin Ransum

    Thor Guest

    what about safe mode?

    Thor, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Benjamin Ransum

    Fred Guest

    Thor threw up:

    > what about safe mode?

    Yes, what about safe mode?

    Fred, Oct 23, 2004
  4. It does the same thing with safe mode, last good config, normal,
    everything. I have tried them all.

    Benjamin Ransum, Oct 23, 2004
  5. Benjamin Ransum

    Thor Guest

    probably time for a repair install then. Boot to the Win2K CD.

    Thor, Oct 23, 2004
  6. Well now the thing will not do anything.
    Nothing but black screen.

    I did take out the HDD and install it as a slave in my computer and
    was able to read it. I did a backup.
    I'm thinking bad mother board? Bad RAM?
    What do y'all think?

    Benjamin Ransum, Oct 23, 2004
  7. Benjamin Ransum

    Thagor Guest

    Benjamin Ransum <> wrote in

    > Well now the thing will not do anything.
    > Nothing but black screen.
    >
    > I did take out the HDD and install it as a slave in my computer and
    > was able to read it. I did a backup.
    > I'm thinking bad mother board? Bad RAM?
    > What do y'all think?
    >

    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:20:02 GMT, Benjamin Ransum
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>The computer at my wife's store will start to boot and when it gets to
    >>the W2K start up screen (the white one with the blue status bar near
    >>the bottom) it starts rebooting again from the beginnin g.Thisloop
    >>will go on as long as there is power to the computer. I sometimes can
    >>boot to the console using my W2K CD, but I can't look at any other
    >>files outside C:\WINNT. HELP!!!

    Sure. In the mean time, put the win2k cd in and boot it like Thor said.
    You can theorize while the repair is in progress.

    Thagor, Oct 25, 2004
  8. Benjamin Ransum

    Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:40:55 GMT, Thagor <> wrote:

    >Benjamin Ransum <> wrote in
    >
    >> Well now the thing will not do anything.
    >> Nothing but black screen.
    >>
    >> I did take out the HDD and install it as a slave in my computer and
    >> was able to read it. I did a backup.
    >> I'm thinking bad mother board? Bad RAM?
    >> What do y'all think?
    >>

    >> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:20:02 GMT, Benjamin Ransum
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>The computer at my wife's store will start to boot and when it gets to
    >>>the W2K start up screen (the white one with the blue status bar near
    >>>the bottom) it starts rebooting again from the beginnin g.Thisloop
    >>>will go on as long as there is power to the computer. I sometimes can
    >>>boot to the console using my W2K CD, but I can't look at any other
    >>>files outside C:\WINNT. HELP!!!

    >Sure. In the mean time, put the win2k cd in and boot it like Thor said.
    >You can theorize while the repair is in progress.

    I'm betting it is a hardware problem.I had a similar problem recently.
    In my case the processor was running to hot. I ended up formatting &
    starting all over.
    Of course I found out after all my problems started that it was a
    hardware problem. It was coincidental as I had just done a windows
    update. The only way you will find out is by changing parts (IE ram,
    power supply, etc,) I was ready to throw in the towel figuring it was
    the M/B. the last thing I checked was the processor. I removed the
    heatsink & fan, cleaned the old thermal paste off, applied new thermal
    paste & bingo. I quit getting the blue screen errors.

    , Oct 26, 2004
  9. Benjamin Ransum

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    hey guys...didnt that isass.exe virus a few months ago cause that problem?

    Nascar24Rulz, Oct 31, 2004
  10. Benjamin Ransum

    Injam Guest

    Well I could not get to boot trying all things. I do thank all of y'all for
    trying. I was able to transfer the HDD to another computer and reinstall
    W2K. It is ring up sales which is the main thing, plus all of her inventory
    in there. Got her a CDRW and showed her how to run a backup everyday! Well
    at least once a week.
    The other computer will not boot to BIOS. I think it is officially dead.

    Thanks again

    Injam, Nov 5, 2004