    Iam new to this so please be gentle. give me a simple direction to fix this
    problem please

    many thanks Roy

    Mick, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Mick

    Giel Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    news:bspn5t$agc$...
    > Help??
    >
    > I think i may have a virus.
    >
    > when booting i get message invalid boot.ini
    > when xp loads.
    >
    > I have lost all folders, work, settings.
    >
    > can anyone please tell me how to restore boot.ini
    >
    > Iam new to this so please be gentle. give me a simple direction to fix

    this
    > problem please
    >
    > many thanks Roy

    Can you boot up in DOS?
    can you take a look at boot.ini
    Have you been adding harddisk lately, or altered your harddrives?
    What does FDISK tells you about your hdd structure and does it comply whit
    the contens of boot.ini?
    You may consider fdisk /mbr in case of bootvirus (try f-prot dos anti-virus
    before booting up in win32)

    i don't know nothing about xp, but boot.ini should have the attributes
    readonly and system, but can operate without.

    THINK positive STAY negative!
    ADBlocker at http://nina.xs4all.nl/pac
    Securityscan at http://nina.xs4all.nl/scan
    WhoIs at http://nina.xs4all.nl/whois.htm