    Regards,
    Ravi

    , Jun 8, 2007

  2. Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-08,
    <> wrote:
    > I have two 80 Gb harddisk. There abt 2 different versions of windows
    > OS installed on each hard disk. When I power up both the HD I can see
    > only 2 OS choice being displayed. How do I get all the OS's installed
    > to be listed so that I can select. I tried changing the boot.ini but
    > was not successful, maybe the syntax was not appropriate. Any help
    > will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ravi

    Try using a 'boot manager' such as GAG
    <http://gag.sourceforge.net/index.html>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 8, 2007

  3. Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:43:12 +0000,
    wrote:

    > I have two 80 Gb harddisk. There abt 2 different versions of windows
    > OS installed on each hard disk. When I power up both the HD I can see
    > only 2 OS choice being displayed. How do I get all the OS's installed
    > to be listed so that I can select. I tried changing the boot.ini but
    > was not successful, maybe the syntax was not appropriate. Any help
    > will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ravi

    Install a boot loader like Grub.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 8, 2007
  4. Guest

    ""
    <> wrote:

    >I have two 80 Gb harddisk. There abt 2 different versions of windows
    >OS installed on each hard disk. When I power up both the HD I can see
    >only 2 OS choice being displayed. How do I get all the OS's installed
    >to be listed so that I can select. I tried changing the boot.ini but
    >was not successful, maybe the syntax was not appropriate. Any help
    >will be appreciated.

    Easiest is change the boot.ini then
    Start | Run <type in>
    MSCONFIG
    <enter>

    Boot.ini tab - check all boot paths; to verify.

    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\WINDOWS
    Disk(?) is your disk drive 0,1,2
    Partition(?) partition of that drive 1,2,3
    --

    http://allyourbase.planettribes.gamespy.com//ayb2.swf

    , Jun 8, 2007
  5. Guest

    , Jun 8, 2007
  6. Ron Martell Guest

    ""
    <> wrote:

    >I have two 80 Gb harddisk. There abt 2 different versions of windows
    >OS installed on each hard disk. When I power up both the HD I can see
    >only 2 OS choice being displayed. How do I get all the OS's installed
    >to be listed so that I can select. I tried changing the boot.ini but
    >was not successful, maybe the syntax was not appropriate. Any help
    >will be appreciated.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Ravi

    First make a backup copy of your existing boot.ini file.

    The boot to the Windows XP Recovery Console and enter the following
    command:

    BOOTCFG /REBUILD

    See
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...proddocs/en-us/bootcons_bootcfg.mspx?mfr=true
    for additional details.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Jun 8, 2007
  7. Basil Fawlty Guest

    Ron Martell "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Good luck

    That's all the OP needs when he follows your "advise", eh?

    --
    Your mother was a bloated petrol-pump attendant who always got into fights
    in petrol stations.

    Basil Fawlty, Jun 8, 2007