    chance of a heating or warm up parts failure. 1. What difference is there in
    the start up files? 2. if exact same boot files then what is the diff. in the
    process?

    Charles, Feb 20, 2008

  2. What operating system?

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 20, 2008

  3. Charles

    Charles Guest

    Sorry. Win VISTA Home Premium 64 bit

    Charles, Feb 20, 2008
  4. Charles

    Charles Guest

    Also My boot.ini.back has my old win XP, but my present Boot.ini is empty.
    Tried to approximate what should show, changing the xp comments to read the
    vista home prem. no help there.

    Charles, Feb 20, 2008
  5. Charles

    John Barnes Guest

    Vista does not use the boot.ini file

    John Barnes, Feb 20, 2008
  6. Charles

    John Barnes Guest

    By boot menu do you mean F8 menu or a dual booting menu

    John Barnes, Feb 20, 2008
  7. Charles

    Charles Guest

    I am refering to the F8 option.
    Rebooting, F8 and restarting a frozen or failed boot all succeed. The only
    lock up is booting after a normal shutdown.

    Charles, Feb 20, 2008