    Samsung 24"
    Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
    LAN 100/100
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Sep 22, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you repaired the MBR so you are booting thru ntldr instead of the Vista
    boot file? If not use VistaBootPro or EasyBCD to change your boot process.

    John Barnes, Sep 22, 2006

  3. I can boot into XP as normal. There is no bootloader, XP just starts.

    My question was, How do I delete the Boot folder in XP?
    Let´s say I will not dualboot anymore, then I have no need for the Boot
    folder in XP C:\Boot

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Sep 23, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You should be able to delete it from the Recovery Console, but read my post.
    Fix your MBR first. Make sure you are not booting thru the Vista boot file.
    From XP you can try to delete that specific file by itself first, then the
    boot folder.

    John Barnes, Sep 23, 2006
  5. John is correct, you should first ensure that you're booting via the XP boot
    process.

    There's normally no need to delete the boot folder, unless you're not
    planning to ever boot into Vista again or ever install it again. But if that
    were the case, you'd have to take ownership of the folder and all files in
    the folder, then change the permissions on the files to give yourself full
    control, then delete them.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 23, 2006
  6. I have tried with taking ownership, but failed to delete the folder. Must
    have missed something.
    Will try next time a Vista build is out.

    Now dualbooting x64 with Vista 5728.

    Thanks for your answers!

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Sep 23, 2006