  1. TINY

    TINY Guest

    Is a start up disk the same as a bootdisk?
    TINY, Feb 18, 2004

  2. TINY

    Michael-NC Guest

    Yes

    www.bootdisk.com

    Michael-NC, Feb 18, 2004

  3. TINY

    TINY Guest

    Thank you very much

    TINY, Feb 18, 2004
  4. TINY

    Chris Guest

    "TINY" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you very much

    Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
    condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event of
    catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.
    Chris, Feb 18, 2004
  5. TINY

    TINY Guest

    I can't get it to read the cd-rom drives I boot from a floppy with a cd in
    and I select for the cd support but can't get it to work really not sure
    what I'm doing when it comes to computers

    TINY, Feb 18, 2004
  6. TINY

    Mark Mandell Guest

    Check out www.pcnineoneone.com.

    Mark Mandell, Feb 19, 2004
  7. TINY

    HF Guest

    In the boot disk is a README but noone ever reads it (or so it seems). This
    explains all the cdrom business and the advancement of it's drive letter !!
    "TINY" <> wrote in message
    > I can't get it to read the cd-rom drives I boot from a floppy with a cd in
    > and I select for the cd support but can't get it to work really not sure
    > what I'm doing when it comes to computers
    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "TINY" <> wrote in message
    > > > Thank you very much

    > > Either of these is generally a "bootable" storage device, containing a
    > > condensed version of what you need to boot up your system in the event

    of
    > > catastrophic failure, or virus-related intervention.

    ---
    HF, Feb 19, 2004
  8. TINY

    HF Guest

    In addition Tiny have a read at www.computerhope.com

    HF, Feb 19, 2004
  9. TINY

    TINY Guest

    Thanks I'll check it out

    TINY, Feb 19, 2004
  10. TINY

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:55:05 GMT, "Michael-NC"
    <> wrote:

    >Yes

    Er...no! lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 20, 2004
  11. TINY

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:53:02 GMT, "TINY" <>
    wrote:

    >Is a start up disk the same as a bootdisk?

    No...not always.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 20, 2004
  12. TINY

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:53:02 GMT, "TINY" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is a start up disk the same as a bootdisk?
    > >

    > No...not always.
    >

    > Have a nice week...
    >
    > Trent
    >
    > Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!

    Captain Surreptitious Strikes Again!

    Away!!!
    Michael-NC, Feb 21, 2004