    Anyone have any experience with these types of training facilities?

    Pros vs cons.

    -C
    Chris R, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Chris R

    wassim Guest

    Re: Boot camps. I have the option of attending one. Any thoughts?

    On Feb 3, 8:47 am, Chris R <> wrote:
    > I have the option of attending a 10 - day MSCA boot camp (Security
    > elective i think).
    >
    > Anyone have any experience with these types of training facilities?
    >
    > Pros vs cons.
    >
    > -C

    Hi,
    I did not attend a boot camp. However i experienced 5 hours at a time
    having Networking courses. Although networking is one of my favourite
    topics, i felt exhausted after nearly 4 hours.

    What I meant is that boot camps may let you feel bored sometimes.

    However, in bootcamps i think you concentrate better and isolate
    yourself from external "negative thoughts" like people who tell you
    "certs are worthless" or "my neighbor's 10 years old son has got his
    MCP".

    Anyway, i encourage you to enroll in the bootcamp if money is not a
    concern.
    wassim, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Chris R

    Consultant Guest

    unless it is a military bootcamp, do not waste your time/money

    Consultant, Feb 5, 2007
  4. Chris R

    .rev [MCT] Guest

    Bootcamps are only helpful if you've already got a good foundation of
    knowledge, otherwise you'll be buried in information overload.

    --
    ..rev
    ..

    .rev [MCT], Feb 6, 2007
  5. Chris R

    Aaron Guest

    If you can find time to self-study, that would probably be more effective as
    a learning experience than trying to cram all the subject matter into 10
    days. thats how it is for me anyways.

    Aaron, Feb 9, 2007
  6. Chris R

    James Guest

    I took a boot camp for MCSA with Global Knowledge and now they just use
    Transcenders to study...basically your spending 10 days to cram 4 months of
    material (1 month per course is what I recommend) to try and pass a test.
    What is interesting is I only passed 1 out of the 4 test during that boot
    camp. Went home and studied 1 month for each course and passed every test
    without issue at all.

    Just my thought on boot camps...waste of money and time!

    James, Feb 9, 2007
  7. Chris R

    bigstyle Guest

    On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:13:13 -0500, ".rev [MCT]"
    <> wrote:

    >Bootcamps are only helpful if you've already got a good foundation of
    >knowledge, otherwise you'll be buried in information overload.

    I agree

    bigstyle
    MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
    MCSE 2000/2003 Security