    I'm thinking of purchasing an Apple Mac Laptop. To run windows on a Mac
    with an intel processor, is boot camp all I would need , or are thyere
    any other accessories needed please.
    PWB, May 8, 2010

  2. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    wetpixel <> wrote in
    news:090520100931518510%:

    > In article <>, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 08 May 2010 10:39:54 -0700, Evan Platt
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >And the media (CD) :)

    >> ..or obviously an ISO / image would work too.

    > Nope, has to be physical media.

    That would only be true if it had physical errors on the disk. Alcohol
    120% uses a legit drive controller to simulate the drive. Windows
    doesn't know the difference. It just sees it as a SCSI CDROM drive.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 9, 2010

  3. PWB

    PeeCee Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking of purchasing an Apple Mac Laptop. To run windows on a Mac
    > with an intel processor, is boot camp all I would need , or are thyere any
    > other accessories needed please.

    So if I buy an Apple and paint it 'Orange' will it taste like an Orange?
    If you want Windows buy a PC.

    P.
    PeeCee, May 10, 2010
  4. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    wetpixel <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns9D73A558F636Cchuck@127.0.0.1>, chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> That would only be true if it had physical errors on the disk.
    >> Alcohol 120% uses a legit drive controller to simulate the drive.
    >> Windows doesn't know the difference. It just sees it as a SCSI CDROM
    >> drive.

    > Okay.
    > That would require WIndows already be running before the install, or
    > on a second drive, wouldn't it?

    Or a version for whatever OS you *are* running. Or a different program
    that behaves the same way.

    > I just asked an IT guy; he said you can open an image in Parallels or
    > VMWare, so if you were planning for either of those (to run Windows
    > concurrently with Mac OS X) then you'd be set with an image.
    > Apple has also provided tools to boot from a CD over a network (like
    > the MacBook Air would need).
    > I have to back off; I perceive too many ways I might be wrong about
    > this.

    *if* the computer sees it as a real CDROM drive, the only contraints
    would be physical errors on the CD not being there - copy protection in
    other words - or it not being a low enough drive letter. I've has some
    software which I *had* to burn because it wouldn't accept any drive
    letter other than D:

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 11, 2010