    there a way to EASILY boost the sound. I am not interested in a set of
    extra speakers at this time, just a way to boost the sound into these
    built-in speakers.

    eganders, Dec 1, 2006

  2. eganders

    bmoag Guest

    That is why most separate speakers have some form of built-in amplification.
    You can buy a small stereo amplifer but you will probably be happier
    spending the money on better computer speakers.

    bmoag, Dec 2, 2006

  3. eganders

    Grappletech Guest

    I bought some Altec Lansings for like $25 (they have built in amps). They
    are kick ass loud. I can crank up Ozzy Osbourne or AC/DC or Metallica,
    etc. REAL loud, and even when I have them cranked up, the sound is still
    mostly pure and good sounding. They haven't blown yet. And they look
    attractive too on the desk. Heck, they even sound better than my full size
    Radio Shack Archer speakers I paid $80 for.

    Also check to see if any of the Windows volume slider switches are set to
    mute or turned way down. You should adjust your volume properties to show
    the levels for all the different volume sliders. And keep the volume
    utility in your system tray.

    Also check to see if the volume slider on whatever program you use isn't
    turned way down low. (iTunes, RealPlayer, Wndows Media Player, etc.)

    Grappletech, Dec 2, 2006