Boomtown Season Two

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ken L. Cheshire, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. Boomtown Season Two
    Any news that we'll be seeing it anytime soon? Or even at all?
    Ken L. Cheshire, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Ken L. Cheshire

    Rob Guest

    Probably not - there were only 6 episodes and I doubt if this would warrant
    a separate release. You'll probably have to find someone who recorded them
    all (like me!).

    Rob
    Canada

    Rob, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Ken L. Cheshire

    jayembee Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote:

    >"Ken L. Cheshire" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Boomtown Season Two
    >> Any news that we'll be seeing it anytime soon? Or even at all?

    Nothing's been mentioned.

    > Probably not - there were only 6 episodes and I doubt if this
    > would warrant a separate release.

    Why not? How about...

    THE 4400 Season 1 -- 6 episodes
    K STREET -- 10 half-hour episodes
    KINDRED: THE EMBRACED -- 8 episodes
    MI-5 Season 1 -- 6 episodes
    NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season 1 -- 8 episodes
    NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season 2 -- 7 episodes
    OZ Season 1 -- 8 episodes
    OZ Season 2 -- 8 episodes
    OZ Season 3 -- 8 episodes
    QUANTUM LEAP Season 1 -- 8 episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 1 -- 12 half-hour episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 2 -- 18 half-hour episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 3 -- 18 half-hour episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 4 -- 18 half-hour episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 5 -- 6 half-hour episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 6 Volume 1 -- 10 half-hour episodes
    SEX AND THE CITY Season 6 Volume 2 -- 10 half-hour episodes
    STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 1 -- 10 half-hour episodes
    STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 2 -- 10 half-hour episodes
    STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 3 -- 10 half-hour episodes
    TWIN PEAKS Season 1 -- 7 episodes
    ULTRAVIOLET -- 6 episodes

    Plus lord knows how many 6-or-thereabouts-episode mini-series.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 4, 2005
  4. Ken L. Cheshire

    Rob Guest

    Most of the series you mention are continuing series (eg: The 4400 is coming
    back, S2 of MI-5 is out now, etc.) or completed series (eg: Sex and the
    City). Boomtown isn't/didn't - it was cancelled 1/3 of the way thru season
    2. Others such as 'Kindred' were intended to be short run series (like a
    long mini-series). You're comparing apples to oranges here ...

    Rob
    Canada

    Rob, Apr 4, 2005
  5. Ken L. Cheshire

    jayembee Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote:

    > Most of the series you mention are continuing series (eg: The 4400 is coming
    > back, S2 of MI-5 is out now, etc.) or completed series (eg: Sex and the
    > City). Boomtown isn't/didn't - it was cancelled 1/3 of the way thru season
    > 2. Others such as 'Kindred' were intended to be short run series (like a
    > long mini-series). You're comparing apples to oranges here ...

    Not really. The one thing that all TV shows have in common -- whether
    short-run or long-run, current or cancelled, ongoing or mini -- is
    that the studio that owns them wants to make money.

    I don't know how well the S1 set of BOOMTOWN sold, but if it did well,
    then Lions Gate (or Warner, in the UK) is going to want to release the
    S2 episodes, whether there are 6 or 16 of them. Because if the S1 set
    sold well, then chances are the S2 set will, as well. And that will
    make it worth their while to do it.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 4, 2005
  6. Ken L. Cheshire

    Rob Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Rob" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Most of the series you mention are continuing series (eg: The 4400 is

    coming
    > > back, S2 of MI-5 is out now, etc.) or completed series (eg: Sex and the
    > > City). Boomtown isn't/didn't - it was cancelled 1/3 of the way thru

    season
    > > 2. Others such as 'Kindred' were intended to be short run series (like a
    > > long mini-series). You're comparing apples to oranges here ...

    > Not really. The one thing that all TV shows have in common -- whether
    > short-run or long-run, current or cancelled, ongoing or mini -- is
    > that the studio that owns them wants to make money.
    >
    > I don't know how well the S1 set of BOOMTOWN sold, but if it did well,
    > then Lions Gate (or Warner, in the UK) is going to want to release the
    > S2 episodes, whether there are 6 or 16 of them. Because if the S1 set
    > sold well, then chances are the S2 set will, as well. And that will
    > make it worth their while to do it.

    You could be right ... time will tell. In the meantime, I have them all on
    DVD-R (off air) if anyone needs to see them now.

    Rob
    Rob, Apr 4, 2005
  7. Ken L. Cheshire

    moljon

    Joined:
    May 23, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    You could be right ... time will tell. In the meantime, I have them all on
    DVD-R (off air) if anyone needs to see them now.

    Rob, How would one go about seeing these last six episodes of Boomtown ? I have been searching for them and your post here explains alot. I really would like to see the last six if possible. Thanks, jon of moljon
    moljon, May 23, 2008
  8. Ken L. Cheshire

    RobHHunt

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    boomtown rocked

    You could be right ... time will tell. In the meantime, I have them all on
    DVD-R (off air) if anyone needs to see them now.

    Rob[/QUOTE]

    DO you really, I have been begging to get these episodes....how can i talk you into sending me a copy?????
    RobHHunt, Aug 3, 2008
  9. Ken L. Cheshire

    RobHHunt

    Joined: