    I know the first season just came out, but has anyone heard a possible release
    date for season 2 of Boomtown? I'm having trouble remembering, how many
    episodes were in the second season?

    Machina3317, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Machina3317

    Simon Gronow Guest

    6 epsiodes before it was axed

    no news on release date that I have seen

    Simon Gronow, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Machina3317

    K Walker Guest

    Did they film additional episodes that were never aired, or just the
    6?

    K Walker, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Machina3317

    jayembee Guest

    UNIST (Machina3317) wrote:

    > I know the first season just came out, but has anyone heard
    > a possible release date for season 2 of Boomtown?

    Lions Gate has said nothing yet.

    > I'm having trouble remembering, how many episodes were in
    > the second season?

    Six. I'm rather surprised that LG didn't just do one 6-disc
    set of the entire series (or 7 discs, including one of extras).
    But then, Warner did the same thing -- issuing just 5-disc
    set of the first season -- in Region 2.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Machina3317

    JR Guest

    I have the R2 set and it's the complete series, both season one and two
    episodes

    JR, Jul 24, 2004
  6. Machina3317

    Rich Clark Guest

    "JR" <> wrote in message
    > I have the R2 set and it's the complete series, both season one and two
    > episodes

    Must be a bootleg.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jul 24, 2004
  7. Machina3317

    Biz Guest

    http://www.tvtome.com/Boomtown/eplist.html

    Biz, Jul 24, 2004
  8. Machina3317

    Biz Guest

    "ShadowRaptor" <> wrote in message
    > I just got the S1 set. Interesting how wording on the box says it a great
    > series, the critics raved about it etc. yet NBC canceled it 1/2 way

    through
    > S2.

    Whats interesting about that? Every decent show gets cancelled these days
    since any smart show isnt dumbed down enough for John Q. Public. It was a
    very good show=will be cancelled by a network.

    Biz, Jul 24, 2004
  9. Machina3317

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <HouMc.736$>,
    "ShadowRaptor" <> wrote:

    > I just got the S1 set. Interesting how wording on the box says it a great
    > series, the critics raved about it etc. yet NBC canceled it 1/2 way through
    > S2.

    Have you never seen Freaks & Geeks? Probably one of the greatest tv
    shows ever to hit the air and the idiots at NBC pulled the plug on it
    after just one season. It happens all the time. Firefly is another
    fantastic show that never made it past it's first season.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Jul 24, 2004
  10. Machina3317

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Black Locust" <> wrote in message

    > Have you never seen Freaks & Geeks? Probably one of the greatest tv
    > shows ever to hit the air and the idiots at NBC pulled the plug on it
    > after just one season. It happens all the time. Firefly is another
    > fantastic show that never made it past it's first season.

    You said "Never made it past it is first season."

    What does that mean?

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jul 24, 2004
  11. Machina3317

    jayembee Guest

    K Walker <> wrote:

    > Did they film additional episodes that were never aired,
    > or just the 6?

    Just the six. The show was cancelled almost immediately after
    the second season started, so only two episodes were aired
    at that time. The other four produced episodes were burned
    off at the end of December.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 25, 2004
  12. Machina3317

    jayembee Guest

    "ShadowRaptor" <> wrote:

    > I just got the S1 set. Interesting how wording on the box
    > says it a great series, the critics raved about it etc.
    > yet NBC canceled it 1/2 way through S2.

    Halfway? Hardly. It was cancelled after two weeks.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 25, 2004
  13. Machina3317

    jayembee Guest

    "JR" <> wrote:

    > I have the R2 set and it's the complete series, both
    > season one and two episodes

    Then why is it called "The Complete Series 1"?

    I have both the R1 and R2 sets (I bought the R2 before it
    was even announced for R1). They both contain only the first
    season (18 episodes).

    For what it's worth, here are the similarities/differences
    between the two regions' sets (aside from the NTSC/PAL
    thing):

    (1) Both are anamorphic widescreen.

    (2) The R2 set has both DD5.1 and DD2.0 Surround tracks. The
    R1 set only has the DD2.0 Surround track.

    (3) Neither has subtitles, but the R1 has closed captions.

    (4) The supplemental features are different. On the R2 set,
    they include only a 1-min trailer and 4-min "pitch" trailer.
    On the R1 set, there are two lengthy featurettes (one about
    20 mins, the other about 30 mins).

    (5) The episode order is slightly different. The R1 set
    presents them in production order, the R2 set in NBC's
    original broadcast order. This actually affects only one
    episode's placement. Episode #7 ("Coyote") was aired by
    NBC after ep#10, so that's where it's placed in the R2 set.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 25, 2004
  14. Machina3317

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    I didn't really get into Freaks & Geeks, but that's another good example of
    the networks killing off a series before it has a chance to gain a fanbase.
    The nets are too impatient these days - if a new series doesn't capture the
    ratings within the first 3 of 4 eps, they pull it. Instead of running off
    the 'unaired' eps in it's timeslot (that are already in the can), they show
    repeats of some garbage 'reality' show instead.

    Ever wonder why the cable channels are gaining ground and the big 3 (I don't
    count FOX) are losing?

    Rob
    Canada

    ShadowRaptor, Jul 25, 2004
  15. Machina3317

    Machina3317 Guest

    >From: "Simon Gronow"

    >6 epsiodes before it was axed
    >

    >no news on release date that I have seen

    Wouldn't it have been a better idea just to include those 6 episodes on the
    season one box set and call it "the complete series"?

    Machina3317, Jul 27, 2004
  16. Machina3317

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    Probably, as it is doubtful they will release a 6 epsiode "Season 2" set.

    ShadowRaptor, Jul 27, 2004
  17. Machina3317

    jayembee Guest

    says...

    > "Machina3317" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Wouldn't it have been a better idea just to include those 6 episodes
    >> on the season one box set and call it "the complete series"?

    Sure, but that's water under the bridge at this point.

    > Probably, as it is doubtful they will release a 6 epsiode "Season 2" set.

    Why not? The same company released the 6-episode KINGPIN series on DVD.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 27, 2004
  18. Machina3317

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    With Kingpin, they actually released the DVD's before the series had even
    completed airing. It was a lousy series and I guess NBC had to recover as
    much as they could by releasing the DVD version at very low prices.

    ShadowRaptor, Jul 27, 2004
  19. Machina3317

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Rich Clark" <> wrote:

    > "Black Locust" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Have you never seen Freaks & Geeks? Probably one of the greatest tv
    > > shows ever to hit the air and the idiots at NBC pulled the plug on it
    > > after just one season. It happens all the time. Firefly is another
    > > fantastic show that never made it past it's first season.

    > You said "Never made it past it is first season."
    >
    > What does that mean?

    I don't know because I never wrote that. You better read my post again.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Jul 29, 2004
  20. Machina3317

    jayembee Guest

    says...

    > "Rich Clark" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Black Locust" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Have you never seen Freaks & Geeks? Probably one of the greatest tv
    >>> shows ever to hit the air and the idiots at NBC pulled the plug on it
    >>> after just one season. It happens all the time. Firefly is another
    >>> fantastic show that never made it past it's first season.

    >> You said "Never made it past it is first season."
    >>
    >> What does that mean?

    > I don't know because I never wrote that. You better read my post again.

    Rich is obliquely referring to the fact that you typed "it's first season"
    -- "it's" being a contraction of "it is" -- rather than "its first season".
    The possessive form of "it" shouldn't have an apostrophe.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 29, 2004