    What are some of the best books to study A+. I don't work in the IT field
    yet but I've been around computers for almost ten years so I know what I'm
    doing. I just wanted to know what books to use to study.Thanks
    Dennis, Jul 16, 2004

  2. On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:37:22 -0400, "Dennis" <>
    wrote:

    >What are some of the best books to study A+. I don't work in the IT field
    >yet but I've been around computers for almost ten years so I know what I'm
    >doing. I just wanted to know what books to use to study.Thanks

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072193638/103-5404799-6308628?v=glance

    is targetted at people who mainly need a refresher, if memory serves.

    If it leaves you with some questions...

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072126795/103-5404799-6308628?v=glance

    is more comprehensive and thorough, for someone who needs a more
    complete preparation.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 16, 2004

  3. I am dumb as a sack of hammers and I passed the A+ with alot of hard work. I
    used (and swear by) mike meyers 5th edition. As far as I am concerned this
    is the only book you need.

    Fred Mathering, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Dennis

    Brian M. Guest

    Don't forget the public library. I tested on the cheap by utilizing the
    library reserve system. Just make sure the books are for the 2003
    objectives, and don't get "A+ Certification for Dummies," plenty of wrong
    information there. Michael Myers All in One A+ book should be all you need
    though.

    Brian M., Jul 17, 2004
  5. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:41:45 GMT, "Fred Mathering" <>
    wrote:

    >I am dumb as a sack of hammers and I passed the A+ with alot of hard work. I
    >used (and swear by) mike meyers 5th edition. As far as I am concerned this
    >is the only book you need.

    Right...the link I posted was apparently the 3rd Edition...sorry.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 17, 2004