Books

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Amco_Dev_Team, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Anybody to suggest me books to read about mcad exams

    Amco_Dev_Team, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Amco_Dev_Team

    Boomer Guest

    If you're pursuing the C# track, check out Que Publications MCAD books for
    70-315, 70-316 and 70-320 by Amit Kalani. They are excellent.

    Good Luck!

    Boomer, Mar 22, 2006

  3. I must pass the following exams (70-316,70-306,70-229)

    What do you believe is it better mcad or mcsd?
    Actually i am c# developer.

    Thank You alot.

    Amco_Dev_Team, Mar 22, 2006
  4. You will receive credit for only one of 70-306 and 70-316 exams as these
    exams differ just by programming language. So you'd better take 70-316 as it
    is C# exam and replace 70-306 with another one.

    As for choosing the right track - think of what you are doing now and what
    do you plan to do in a future. If this includes architecting and developing
    distributed/n-tier solutions then you definitely should pursue MCSD. However
    you can pass three exams for MCAD now and then think of taking additional
    two for MCSD.

    Regards,
    Alexey

    Alexey Peshekhonov, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Amco_Dev_Team

    Boomer Guest

    If you're planning to pursue MCAD, you need to take 70-310 or 70-320 (XML Web
    Services and Server Components) for sure. So I would suggest you to take
    70-316, 70-320 and 70-229 (or another elective). As Alexey mentioned, you
    wont receive credit for both 70-306 and 70-316. Also, MS recently announced
    that the SQL Server 2005 exam (70-431) can be used towards MCAD/MCSD. So in
    my opinion you can take 70-431 instead of 70-229. This way you can use it for
    MCAD/MCSD as well as earn MCTS: SQL Server 2005. The flip side is that not
    many resources are available yet for 70-431. So you should use MSDN and the
    free SQL Server 2005 training available until November 1, 2006. Check out the
    following link:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/sqlserver2005/

    Hope this helps.

    Good Luck!