    upgrade exams - I'm not even sure if they have been
    released yet but I'll take the chance. I think the
    choices so far are between Syngress and Sybex.

    Kennardly, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Kennardly

    Marko Guest

    You can go to your favorite online retailer and run a
    search for 70-292 or 70-296 and check pricing and
    availability anytime.

    I only know of the mspress books being available at this
    time. Check www.mspress.com

    Marko, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Remember that first edition books like this are a lot like first edition
    software. You might want to wait for the service pack before you buy it.

    Tolkien Reader, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Kennardly

    Terry Guest

    I don't know specifically about the books for MCSE but
    when I was studying for the CCNA exam the Sybex training
    material was far and away the best.

    Terry, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Kennardly

    MCSE World Guest

    Either one of these (Syngress or Sybex) ought to do the trick as long as you
    have a good background already with Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003.

    I myself am partial towards the Syngress books as I had a large part in
    their creation. :)

    Check out my 70-292 exam review at:
    http://www.mcseworld.com/forums/infocenter.php?action=viewarticle&artid=19

    I will be posting one for 70-296 as soon as I can get in to take it.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Kennardly

    S. O'Brien Guest

    "Kennardly" <> wrote in message
    > G'day, anyone know which books are the best for the two
    > upgrade exams - I'm not even sure if they have been
    > released yet but I'll take the chance. I think the
    > choices so far are between Syngress and Sybex.

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

    or

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s... 2003&search-type=ss&bq=1/102-5779617-6653768

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/lc7s for the above amazon search

    Personally I like the Mark Minasi Mastering Windows Server 2003 ... there is
    also an intro book that belongs to this one as well. comes with a 360 day
    trial of Server 2k3.

    Also a regular to this NG Laura Robinson did a wonderful book on AD in 2k3

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...ex=books&store-name=books/102-5779617-6653768

    *gasp* did I just help someone???? lol

    --
    Sue MCNGP # 69

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    S. O'Brien, Aug 27, 2003
  7. If you can wait a few weeks to receive it, you can pre-order the Microsoft
    Press Training Kit for 70-292/70-296 on amazon.com. Other folks can give you
    a comparison between the various titles out there, but a couple of nice
    things about the MS Press TK are:

    1) A single book for both 70-292 and 70-296
    2) Includes Readiness Review practice tests from MeasureUp
    3) Includes 180-day eval version of Windows Server 2003

    Disclaimer: I'm the product manager for these books, as well as the courses
    and exams to which they correspond, so naturally I recommend them. But I'm
    using them myself as I upgrade my own certification, so my recommendations
    come from direct experience as well.

    --
    Ken Rosen
    Product Manager