    Hai

    I am a electronics graduate. i want to takeup mcad-.net.
    i need clear info abt books.

    pathy, Apr 30, 2004

  2. pathy

    Eric Guest

    pathy wrote:

    > I am a electronics graduate. i want to takeup mcad-.net.
    > i need clear info abt books.

    What languages do you know already? Pick VB.NET or C# based on what
    your background is.

    If your background is in C/C++/Java, then C# would be a good choice.

    If your background is VB6, then VB.NET is a good choice.

    For C#, these training guides by Amit Kalani are very good:
    http://www.techcontent.com

    For VB.NET, Mike Gunderloy has these same books using VB.NET.

    If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious why you're moving from
    hardware to software? I did this myself years ago because I really
    liked programming microcontrollers in assembly langauge and I decided
    that software was a better match for me personally.

    C and Java are being used to program some embedded microcontrollers
    now. It seems like a halfway point between a hardware job and a
    software job.

    Eric

    Eric, Apr 30, 2004