    self pace materials or do I need to do intructor lead courses as well?

    TIA

    TJ
    TJ, Oct 7, 2004

  2. TJ

    eplfan Guest

    I would say you should be okay without a course, I have been support users
    for about 3 years and I used the exam cram 2 books to read and get an idea of
    what is expected, and anything I did not have experience with or get I
    searched out on my own.
    Then I bought test guestions online and tested my self and vola a 784, not
    great but a pass is a pass

    eplfan, Oct 7, 2004

  3. TJ

    Anna Guest

    Sorry, but if you have 10 years of experience why do you
    ask that question? what kind of IT experience do you have?

    Anna, Oct 8, 2004
  4. TJ

    T-Bone Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote
    > I've got 10 years IT experience and was thinking about doing MCDST to
    > validate my XP knowledge and plug any gaps. Can I do this with just the MS
    > self pace materials or do I need to do intructor lead courses as well?

    I'd say if you have 10 years of IT, you might not need to do anything at
    all. However, you might be better off to look at MCSA or MCSE depending on
    your job requirements.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Oct 8, 2004
  5. TJ

    SJ Guest

    If your 10 years of IT experience is with Unix, you'd be better off
    taking some instructor lead courses.

    If you've been doing help desk support for Microsoft products for 10
    years, you probably can do a search on Amazon or Bookpool for mcdst,
    purchase a few books and pass the two tests.

    Then again, if you've been doing help desk support for Microsoft
    products for 10 years, you may be in a rut. MCDST is considered to be
    an entry level certification and more experienced IT personnel go for
    MCSA and MCSE to elevate their knowledge, standing, and salaries.

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Oct 10, 2004
  6. TJ

    TJ Guest

    Thanks to all for your feedback.

    TJ

    TJ, Oct 11, 2004
  7. TJ

    W Guest

    I'd say the reason you would need it would be due to recruiters that don't
    know any better. I've run in to a few recruiters that are looking for either
    someone with either that is a MCDST or MCSE or both, even though they are
    worlds apart. Somehow they were given that requirement without knowing why.
    When they run through their searches they only pull those with that
    particular certification. I hardly ever see a requirement for an MCSA.

    W, Oct 21, 2004