    Idealy taken with a s2 pro although maybe thats a big ask

    Any thoughts would be welcome

    Campbell

    killicks, Feb 22, 2004

  2. killicks

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (killicks) wrote in
    news::

    > I am looking for published collections of photographs taken with
    > digital cameras.
    >
    > You know the sort of thing - full page pics with short blurb by the
    > photographer about technique etc

    Does it matter if it's digital or not? The technique is same for
    traditional cameras and digitals ; )

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Feb 22, 2004

  3. killicks

    Ron Zeis Guest

    "killicks" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for published collections of photographs taken with
    > digital cameras.
    >
    > You know the sort of thing - full page pics with short blurb by the
    > photographer about technique etc
    >
    > Idealy taken with a s2 pro although maybe thats a big ask
    >

    > Any thoughts would be welcome
    >
    > Campbell

    Nature photographer Jim Brandenburg's "Looking For Summer" is his first book
    using digital. He used a S2 Pro. But it's not a 'how to'. But it does
    show what a master can do with it.

    Ron

    Ron Zeis, Feb 23, 2004
  4. killicks

    killicks Guest

    Lucas Tam wrote in message

    > Does it matter if it's digital or not? The technique is same for
    > traditional cameras and digitals ; )

    Im new to this game but there does seem to be some major differences
    35mm technique has more to do with film speed and film & paper quality

    Digital seems to emphasise resolution settings and image enhansing

    Just a thought

    killicks, Feb 26, 2004
  5. killicks

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (killicks) wrote in

    > Im new to this game but there does seem to be some major differences
    > 35mm technique has more to do with film speed and film & paper quality
    >
    > Digital seems to emphasise resolution settings and image enhansing

    Just think of Digital Photography, traditional Photography with a Digtial
    Camera. All the technique from your 35mm days still apply. There have only
    been minor changes such as graphics resolution (use the highest possible),
    compression (use the lowest possible), and file format.

    As for enhancing & printing, this falls more in the realm of Photoshop or
    graphics editing. If you're interested in graphics editing you're better
    off finding a book on Photoshop, Corel Draw, or similar.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Feb 26, 2004