    but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
    going wrong?

    Thanking you all

    sonsdad, Oct 13, 2004

  2. sonsdad

    Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:11:05 GMT, "sonsdad" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Group
    >
    >I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet explorer
    >but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
    >going wrong?
    >
    >Thanking you all

    I had much the same problem and with the advice of someone in this
    group created a new profile. That solved it.

    --
    GWClay

    , Oct 14, 2004

  3. wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:11:05 GMT, "sonsdad" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi Group
    >>
    >>I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet explorer
    >>but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
    >>going wrong?
    >>
    >>Thanking you all
    >>

    > I had much the same problem and with the advice of someone in this
    > group created a new profile. That solved it.

    Worth a shot. I have never had this problem, but many others have seen
    it, so I guess its real. Hard for me to troubleshoot, since my
    bookmarks have been rock solid.

    Try the new profile. Back up the bookmarks.html file religiously, until
    you are sure its steady.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2004
  4. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi

    Thanks for the advice but how do you create a profile?

    Cheers

    sonsdad, Oct 14, 2004
  5. sonsdad wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Thanks for the advice but how do you create a profile?
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > "sonsdad" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi Group
    >>
    >>I keep losing my bookmarks in Firefox. I import them from internet

    > explorer
    >
    >>but after a couple of days they vanish and I import them again. Where am I
    >>going wrong?
    >>
    >>Thanking you all

    Well, one of my pet bugs is that Firefox no longer puts a shortcut to
    Profile Manager in the Start menu.

    You can use Start>>Run and put in the following:

    firefox.exe -p

    OR the complete path, so Windows doesn't have to search for firefox.exe:

    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -p

    That will open Profile Manager. I just created a desktop shortcut
    directly to Profile Manager, so wouldn't have to bother.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2004