    add bookmarks to. This is only my opinion, but this new version of FF
    simply bites.

    Past_It Mike

    Past_it, Jan 2, 2009

  2. Past_it

    Rom Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 07:11:51 -0500, Past_it wrote:

    > Forgive me if this is old news, but I am having a heck of a time making
    > a new bookmark. Prior to all these "improvements" all you needed to do
    > was to click new folder, fill in a name, hit enter and it is done. Now I
    > don't know what to do. When I click new folder nothing happens the box
    > containing the words "new folder" remain. If I want to make a folder
    > containing all my favorite eateries, how to I do it? I have been using
    > FF for ages so I am no newbie (maybe old, but no newbie to FF).

    Say you are currently viewing one of your 'favorite eateries' sites,
    you can double-click the Star icon in the location bar, or go to
    "Bookmarks menu > Bookmark This Page", or use Ctrl+D, or "Bookmark
    this Page" from the context menu, then from the bookmark dialog popup
    need to show/expand the folder list, select a parent or root folder
    (e.g. Bookmarks Menu, Bookmarks Toolbar), click the New Folder button
    and type/enter the name you want for the 'favorite eateries' folder
    and press Enter, then click the Done button.

    I think the "Add Bookmark Here ²" extension:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3880> helps to improve
    and make bookmarking in Firefox 3 a bit less confusing, as you can
    change the default single-click behaviour of the Star to bring up the
    bookmark dialog instead of needing a double-click in its options here:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/p/27823/1228501703>,
    and can also auto-expand the folder tree in the bookmark dialog here:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/p/27822/1228501703>.

    > This all changed just recently. If someone can tell me which version
    > changed this then I'll go back to that version if possible. This new
    > version may have a lot of bells and whistles that some like, but give me
    > the older version that I was used to and could use without bothering
    > everybody by asking something so inane as how to make a new folder to
    > add bookmarks to. This is only my opinion, but this new version of FF
    > simply bites.

    Your Firefox probably upgraded to Fx3, and I wouldn't recommend going
    back to (reverting) Fx2 - the last version is 2.0.0.20 and will no
    longer be maintained with bug/security fixes. But you can download Fx
    2.0.0.20 here: <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html>,
    then uninstall Fx3, keeping your profile, then install Fx2.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jan 2, 2009