    How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    second hdd ?
    Thanks

    jessiejames, Nov 1, 2005

  2. jessiejames

    gwtc Guest

    jessiejames wrote:

    > How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    > second hdd ?
    > Thanks

    Go to your profile and locate the file bookmarks.html. Just copy
    that, and put it into the profile on the other hard-drive. To locate
    your profile, see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    But first, if you're using windows your profile is hidden. So, to
    unhide window files see this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    gwtc, Nov 1, 2005

  3. jessiejames

    Guest Guest

    You want to copy and past 2 files, Bookmarks.bak and Bookmarks.html. Those
    2 files contain all your Firefox bookmarks. Copy them from one computer and
    paste them to the other computer. I do it all the time and it works good.

    In Windows 98se they are located in c:\windows\application
    data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xxx.defaults\ For windows XP they may be
    located in a slightly differeny path. Do a search for those 2 files and you
    will have no problem finding them.

    -- Mike

    Guest, Nov 1, 2005
  4. jessiejames

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:04:07 -0600, in message
     <>, jessiejames wrote:

    > How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    > second hdd ?
    > Thanks

    In addition to the replies (all excellent) which you have already
    received, you can also export bookmarks to a file in one firefox
    and then import from that file in the other firefox.

    1. Export bookmarks to file

    From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    use "File -> Export".

    2. Import bookmarks from file

    From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    use
    File -> Import
    (•) From File

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Nov 1, 2005
  5. jessiejames

    J C Ames Guest

    Thanks for thr replies.They brought joy

    J C Ames, Nov 1, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > You want to copy and past 2 files, Bookmarks.bak and Bookmarks.html. Those
    > 2 files contain all your Firefox bookmarks. Copy them from one computer and
    > paste them to the other computer. I do it all the time and it works good.
    >
    > In Windows 98se they are located in c:\windows\application
    > data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xxx.defaults\ For windows XP they may be
    > located in a slightly differeny path. Do a search for those 2 files and you
    > will have no problem finding them.
    >
    > -- Mike
    >

    > jessiejames <jesiejames@tailgatecom> wrote in message
    >> How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    >> second hdd ?
    >> Thanks

    bookmarks.bak is a backup file of your most recent bookmarks write. If
    bookmarks.html is correct, there is no need to transfer bookmarks.bak.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2005
  7. jessiejames

    gwtc Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:04:07 -0600, in message
    > <>, jessiejames wrote:
    >

    >>How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    >>second hdd ?
    >>Thanks

    > In addition to the replies (all excellent) which you have already
    > received, you can also export bookmarks to a file in one firefox
    > and then import from that file in the other firefox.
    >
    > 1. Export bookmarks to file
    >
    > From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    > use "File -> Export".

    That does the same thing as copying the bookmarks.html file.

    > 2. Import bookmarks from file
    >
    > From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    > use
    > File -> Import
    > (•) From File

    Becareful of importing, because when you import, all you're doing is
    adding to the bookmark file thats already there.

    gwtc, Nov 1, 2005
  8. jessiejames

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 08:30:39 -0800, in message
     <>, gwtc wrote:

    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:04:07 -0600, in message
    > > <>, jessiejames wrote:
    > >

    > >>How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    > >>second hdd ?
    > >>Thanks

    > > In addition to the replies (all excellent) which you have already
    > > received, you can also export bookmarks to a file in one firefox
    > > and then import from that file in the other firefox.
    > >
    > > 1. Export bookmarks to file
    > >
    > > From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    > > use "File -> Export".
    > >

    > That does the same thing as copying the bookmarks.html file.

    Indeed it does -- in the sense that it produces the same export file.

    Except that it can be easier for some Windows users; those who can't find
    files such as the bookmarks.html file which are inside hidden folders.

    > > 2. Import bookmarks from file
    > >
    > > From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    > > use
    > > File -> Import
    > > (•) From File
    > >

    > Becareful of importing, because when you import, all you're doing is
    > adding to the bookmark file thats already there.

    Easily solved -- delete all the other bookmarks which are already there
    before importing.

    I'm not making a case that this is a better solution for all users,
    just an alternative which may suit some users.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Nov 1, 2005
  9. jessiejames

    gwtc Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 08:30:39 -0800, in message
    > <>, gwtc wrote:
    >

    >>Ralph Fox wrote:

    >>>In addition to the replies (all excellent) which you have already
    >>>received, you can also export bookmarks to a file in one firefox
    >>>and then import from that file in the other firefox.
    >>>
    >>>1. Export bookmarks to file
    >>>
    >>> From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    >>> use "File -> Export".
    >>>

    >>That does the same thing as copying the bookmarks.html file.

    > Indeed it does -- in the sense that it produces the same export file.
    >
    > Except that it can be easier for some Windows users; those who can't find
    > files such as the bookmarks.html file which are inside hidden folders.
    >

    >>>2. Import bookmarks from file
    >>>
    >>> From the "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" window,
    >>> use
    >>> File -> Import
    >>> (•) From File
    >>>

    >>Becareful of importing, because when you import, all you're doing is
    >>adding to the bookmark file thats already there.

    > Easily solved -- delete all the other bookmarks which are already there
    > before importing.
    >

    > I'm not making a case that this is a better solution for all users,
    > just an alternative which may suit some users.

    True, but, if you're using someone elses machine, then its a little
    hard to delete their bookmarks. When I go to someone elses machine, I
    just rename their bookmark file, and put mine in. Then, when I'm
    finished, I just replace theirs for mine.

    gwtc, Nov 1, 2005
  10. jessiejames

    ML Guest

    wrote:
    > You want to copy and past 2 files, Bookmarks.bak and Bookmarks.html. Those
    > 2 files contain all your Firefox bookmarks. Copy them from one computer and
    > paste them to the other computer. I do it all the time and it works good.
    >
    > In Windows 98se they are located in c:\windows\application
    > data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xxx.defaults\ For windows XP they may be
    > located in a slightly differeny path. Do a search for those 2 files and you
    > will have no problem finding them.
    >
    > -- Mike
    >

    > jessiejames <jesiejames@tailgatecom> wrote in message
    >
    >>How can I transfer the bookmarks from firefox on one hdd to firefox on a
    >>second hdd ?
    >>Thanks

    Win XP Path to Bookmarks

    C:\Documents and Settings\(Usernamehere)\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(Profile Name).default

    Marcel

    ML, Jan 19, 2006