    Where does Firefox store the bookmarks? In IE there is a favorites directory
    where they are stored.

    Oldspook
    Oldspook, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Oldspook wrote:
    > Where does Firefox store the bookmarks? In IE there is a favorites directory
    > where they are stored.
    >
    > Oldspook

    They are in a file in your profile directory, called bookmarks.html.

    The path to your profile varies by OS. You could do a Windows search
    for bookmarks.html. You might find several, so open them up in tour
    browser until you find the ones you want.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Oldspook

    Oldspook Guest

    "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Oldspook wrote:
    >> Where does Firefox store the bookmarks? In IE there is a favorites
    >> directory where they are stored.
    >>
    >> Oldspook

    > They are in a file in your profile directory, called bookmarks.html.
    >
    > The path to your profile varies by OS. You could do a Windows search for
    > bookmarks.html. You might find several, so open them up in tour browser
    > until you find the ones you want.
    >
    > Lee

    The bookmarks.html file appears to contain only the default bookmarks that
    came with Firefox. In Windows XP, where does it keep the bookmarks that were
    copied from IE at instillation?

    The reason I ask is that I accidentally deleted a whole folder of bookmarks
    in IE. This folder and bookmarks are still present in Firefox. I would like
    to copy them back to IE.

    Oldspook
    Oldspook, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Oldspook wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Oldspook wrote:
    >>
    >>>Where does Firefox store the bookmarks? In IE there is a favorites
    >>>directory where they are stored.
    >>>
    >>>Oldspook

    >>They are in a file in your profile directory, called bookmarks.html.
    >>
    >>The path to your profile varies by OS. You could do a Windows search for
    >>bookmarks.html. You might find several, so open them up in tour browser
    >>until you find the ones you want.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > The bookmarks.html file appears to contain only the default bookmarks that
    > came with Firefox. In Windows XP, where does it keep the bookmarks that were
    > copied from IE at instillation?
    >
    > The reason I ask is that I accidentally deleted a whole folder of bookmarks
    > in IE. This folder and bookmarks are still present in Firefox. I would like
    > to copy them back to IE.
    >
    > Oldspook

    Ah, the more information you provide, the better the help will be! ;)

    Short answer:

    In Firefox:

    Bookmarks>>Manage Bookmarks>>File>>Export

    Choose a location and save bookmarks.html.

    In Internet Explorer:

    File>>Import and Export

    In the Import wizard, choose Import Favorites, then Import from a File
    or Address. Browse to the location to which you saved bookmarks.html,
    and select it.

    If you have a working knowledge of html, you could edit the
    bookmarks.html file so that only the folder you need to get is present.

    Additional answer:

    The reason your system search did not find bookmarks.html is that it is
    located in:

    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

    Application Data is a hidden folder, so you must set your search to
    display hidden files and folders. The first thing I do with an XP
    machine is to set it to display hidden files and folders.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Oldspook

    Dean Guest

    I like the extension 'SyncMarks 0.3'. I downloaded it at the ff extension
    site. With it, you can easily transfer your bookmarks to the favorites
    folder..
    dean

    Dean, Feb 15, 2005
  6. Oldspook

    Oldspook Guest

    "Dean" <> wrote in message
    >I like the extension 'SyncMarks 0.3'. I downloaded it at the ff extension
    > site. With it, you can easily transfer your bookmarks to the favorites
    > folder..
    > dean

    Ok I installed SyncMarks, now how do I use it?
    Oldspook, Feb 15, 2005
  7. Oldspook

    Dean Guest

    Tools > Extensions > highlight SyncMarks > Options > select the 'Favorites'
    tab and check Synshronize to Windows Favorites > then at the bottom
    Synchronize Now

    This will transfer your bookmarks to favorites...

    Dean, Feb 16, 2005
  8. Oldspook

    Oldspook Guest

    "Dean" <> wrote in message
    > Tools > Extensions > highlight SyncMarks > Options > select the
    > 'Favorites'
    > tab and check Synshronize to Windows Favorites > then at the bottom
    > Synchronize Now
    >
    > This will transfer your bookmarks to favorites...

    Thanks, it worked. I had not used any extensions before.

    Oldspook
    Oldspook, Feb 16, 2005