    and found that my homepage was Mozilla...and about half my bookmarks
    vanished! Anyone know what happened and what i can do? I've looked for
    the bookmarks in a file...i have no idea how this happened and i'm pissed!
    Marlene Blanshay, Sep 23, 2007

  2. Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    > I just got the most recent firefox update. Today i opened up the browser
    > and found that my homepage was Mozilla...and about half my bookmarks
    > vanished! Anyone know what happened and what i can do? I've looked for
    > the bookmarks in a file...i have no idea how this happened and i'm pissed!

    does this help: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 23, 2007

  3. yes...got my bookmarks out of my profile...deleted the corrupted file
    and saved my latest bookmarks in another folder so i could import them
    more easily. THANKS! it was annoying as hell though...

    Marlene Blanshay, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    > yes...got my bookmarks out of my profile...deleted the corrupted file
    > and saved my latest bookmarks in another folder so i could import them
    > more easily. THANKS! it was annoying as hell though...
    >

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
    >>> I just got the most recent firefox update. Today i opened up the
    >>> browser and found that my homepage was Mozilla...and about half my
    >>> bookmarks vanished! Anyone know what happened and what i can do? I've
    >>> looked for the bookmarks in a file...i have no idea how this happened
    >>> and i'm pissed!

    >> does this help: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

    get in the habit of backing up your profile every now and then

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 23, 2007
  5. Marlene Blanshay

    Crush Evil Guest

    or get the FEBE extensions from addons.mozilla.org to auto-backup your
    entire profile.... or selective parts
    Crush Evil, Sep 25, 2007
  6. good idea...

    Marlene Blanshay, Sep 25, 2007