Bookmarks Toolbar font

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Dave, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hiya

    I've had a good look around for this and also searched through
    about:config but no luck.

    Does anyone know how I can change the font on the bookmarks toolbar?

    I use that toolbar all the time as a quick way to bring up my favourite
    websites but I want to add a couple more without them falling off the
    edge into a drop down arrow. I've also minimized the names as much as
    possible but don't want them to become un-understandable.

    I'm sure there is a way - after all, I've been able to change the font &
    background on the tabs.

    Many thanks and a belated Happy New Year to all.

    --
    TIA
    Da\/e

    Change to Firefox - rediscover the Web
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com

    Reclaim Your Inbox!

    Dave, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Dave

    MLC Guest

    _Dave_, lunedì 03/gen/2005:

    > Hiya
    >
    > I've had a good look around for this and also searched through
    > about:config but no luck.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can change the font on the bookmarks toolbar?
    >
    > I use that toolbar all the time as a quick way to bring up my favourite
    > websites but I want to add a couple more without them falling off the
    > edge into a drop down arrow. I've also minimized the names as much as
    > possible but don't want them to become un-understandable.
    >
    > I'm sure there is a way - after all, I've been able to change the font &
    > background on the tabs.

    You've given me a good idea :)
    Anyway, I didn't change the font, but the font-size, interpreting your
    request. If so, put this line in your userChrome.css:

    ..toolbarbutton-text {font-size: 90% !important;}

    In addition, to gain space I had already take away the icons, and in order
    to distinguish normal bookmarks from folders I've given them a different
    background color, with a thin border, like little buttons.

    > Many thanks and a belated Happy New Year to all.

    Happy 2005 to you too :)
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 03/01/2005 22.50.12

    MLC, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    MLC wrote:

    >>Hiya
    >>
    >>I've had a good look around for this and also searched through
    >>about:config but no luck.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know how I can change the font on the bookmarks toolbar?
    >>
    >>I use that toolbar all the time as a quick way to bring up my favourite
    >>websites but I want to add a couple more without them falling off the
    >>edge into a drop down arrow. I've also minimized the names as much as
    >>possible but don't want them to become un-understandable.
    >>
    >>I'm sure there is a way - after all, I've been able to change the font &
    >>background on the tabs.

    > You've given me a good idea :)
    > Anyway, I didn't change the font, but the font-size, interpreting your
    > request. If so, put this line in your userChrome.css:
    >
    > .toolbarbutton-text {font-size: 90% !important;}
    >
    > In addition, to gain space I had already take away the icons, and in order
    > to distinguish normal bookmarks from folders I've given them a different
    > background color, with a thin border, like little buttons.
    >

    >>Many thanks and a belated Happy New Year to all.

    > Happy 2005 to you too :)

    Thank you!

    I missed a very vital word from my original posting and it was 'size'!
    Thankfully though you were able to figure out exactly what I was getting at.

    I've just added that text and it's worked great.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Dave

    Dave, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Dave

    LW Guest

    MLC wrote:

    > In addition, to gain space I had already take away the icons, and in
    > order to distinguish normal bookmarks from folders I've given them a
    > different background color, with a thin border, like little buttons.

    Can you go into a little more detail how you did that?

    Thanks! :)

    LW, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Dave

    MLC Guest

    _LW_, giovedì 06/gen/2005:

    > MLC wrote:
    >>
    >> In addition, to gain space I had already take away the icons, and in
    >> order to distinguish normal bookmarks from folders I've given them a
    >> different background color, with a thin border, like little buttons.

    > Can you go into a little more detail how you did that?
    >
    > Thanks! :)

    Ok :)

    /* background-color, border and smaller text*/
    ..toolbarbutton-text {background-color: azure !important; border: 1px solid silver !important; font-size: 90% !important;}

    /* yellow background for folders */
    ..bookmark-item[type="menu"] > .toolbarbutton-text {background-color: lightyellow !important;}

    --
    Maria Luisa C - 06/01/2005 10.14.11

    MLC, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Dave

    LW Guest

    MLC wrote:
    > _LW_, giovedì 06/gen/2005:
    >
    >> MLC wrote:
    >>>
    >>> In addition, to gain space I had already take away the icons, and in
    >>> order to distinguish normal bookmarks from folders I've given them a
    >>> different background color, with a thin border, like little buttons.

    >> Can you go into a little more detail how you did that?
    >>
    >> Thanks! :)

    > Ok :)
    >
    > /* background-color, border and smaller text*/
    > .toolbarbutton-text {background-color: azure !important; border: 1px
    > solid silver !important; font-size: 90% !important;}
    >
    > /* yellow background for folders */
    > .bookmark-item[type="menu"] > .toolbarbutton-text {background-color:
    > lightyellow !important;}

    As for choosing a color, I see there is no (hex#?) code, just the name of
    the color. That was one thing I was questioning. Thank you, very helpful.
    :)

    LW, Jan 6, 2005
  7. Dave

    MLC Guest

    _LW_, giovedì 06/gen/2005:

    > MLC wrote:
    >> _LW_, giovedì 06/gen/2005:

    >>> Can you go into a little more detail how you did that?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks! :)

    >> Ok :)
    >>
    >> /* background-color, border and smaller text*/
    >> .toolbarbutton-text {background-color: azure !important; border: 1px
    >> solid silver !important; font-size: 90% !important;}
    >>
    >> /* yellow background for folders */
    >> .bookmark-item[type="menu"] > .toolbarbutton-text {background-color:
    >> lightyellow !important;}

    > As for choosing a color, I see there is no (hex#?) code, just the name of
    > the color. That was one thing I was questioning. Thank you, very helpful.
    > :)

    You're welcome :)
    Of course you can put there the hex codes, if you want.

    For a quick reference/selector of 140 standard web color names I'm using the
    FF extension "Web Color Names ":

    http://www.andreabinello.com/resources/webcolornames/
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 06/01/2005 19.06.08