    and they are all gone along with remembering my 32 billion passwords.
    How do I get them back...............or do I. If not, GOOD BYE FOXFIRE!
    , Jan 1, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > DAMN IT! Why can't they leave things alone?????? Just automatically
    > and they are all gone along with remembering my 32 billion passwords.
    > How do I get them back...............or do I. If not, GOOD BYE FOXFIRE!

    <Sigh> Its Firefox, not Foxfire. </sigh>

    In your profile folder, there will be a folder called bookmarkbackups,
    which should contain five days of backup copies of bookmarks.html.

    You neglected to state your OS, but the headers indicate Mac OSX. The
    profile is located at:

    MacintoshHD/(username)/Library/Application
    Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.profilename

    The x's indicate a random string of letters and numbers, and
    profilename, is of course, the actual name of your profile.

    If you have lost passwords too, I wonder if Firefox may have lost touch
    with the profile. How many xxxxxxxx.xxxx folders do you find in the
    Profiles folder?

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 1, 2008

  3. elaich Guest

    wrote in news:838ab0f8-3eb3-4485-8dc3-5518c37d0e72
    @e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

    > DAMN IT! Why can't they leave things alone?????? Just automatically
    > and they are all gone along with remembering my 32 billion passwords.
    > How do I get them back...............or do I. If not, GOOD BYE FOXFIRE!

    What the hell is FOXFIRE?

    Just another troll.
    elaich, Jan 1, 2008
  4. elaich wrote:
    > wrote in news:838ab0f8-3eb3-4485-8dc3-5518c37d0e72
    > @e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> DAMN IT! Why can't they leave things alone?????? Just automatically
    >> and they are all gone along with remembering my 32 billion passwords.
    >> How do I get them back...............or do I. If not, GOOD BYE FOXFIRE!

    > What the hell is FOXFIRE?
    >
    > Just another troll.

    Not necessarily, this is an incredibly common mistake, though I don't
    know why.

    I never liked the name actually. I was a lot happier when Firefox was
    Phoenix, and Thunderbird was Minotaur. There was this whole Greek
    mythology thing going. I guess change is not necessarily for the better.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 1, 2008
  5. Bungger Guest

    wrote in message
    com:

    > DAMN IT! Why can't they leave things alone?????? Just
    > automatically and they are all gone along with remembering my 32
    > billion passwords. How do I get them back...............or do I.
    > If not, GOOD BYE FOXFIRE!

    You fucking moron. LOL.
    Bungger, Jan 4, 2008
  6. Justin Guest

    Bungger wrote on [04 Jan 2008 22:32:23 GMT]:
    > wrote in message
    > com:
    >
    >> DAMN IT! Why can't they leave things alone?????? Just
    >> automatically and they are all gone along with remembering my 32
    >> billion passwords. How do I get them back...............or do I.
    >> If not, GOOD BYE FOXFIRE!

    > You fucking moron. LOL.

    You sure he's not a ronmo?
    Justin, Jan 5, 2008