    A. How can Mozilla Suite and Firefox share the same book mark file
    adding, deleting and editing the same bookmarks.

    B. Where and how can the bookmark files be backed up.
    measekite, Jun 6, 2006

  2. measekite

    gwtc Guest

    measekite wrote:
    > A two part question:
    >
    > A. How can Mozilla Suite and Firefox share the same book mark file
    > adding, deleting and editing the same bookmarks.

    What I've done is placed my bookmark file [bookmarks.html] into is own
    directory. Then in the address bar type in about:config and look for
    the entry of:

    browser.bookmarks.file

    Double click on it and point it to the new location. If you don't
    have that entry, then click on any entry, right click and select New,
    String. In the first box enter the above and in the second enter the
    new location. Now, do this in the other program.

    Now, mind you, I know it will work with one program and then close it
    and open the other. But I don't know what would happen if you have
    both programs opened and sharing the same file.

    > B. Where and how can the bookmark files be backed up.

    Open the Bookmark Manager, then select File, Export and put the file
    where you want it.

    --
    You know you need a new housekeeper when: they keep looking nervously
    at the TV and asking if you're planning to watch America's Most Wanted.
    gwtc, Jun 6, 2006