    When I do a bookmark search (Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and enter criteria
    in the search box), how do I tell what folder the search result was found in?
    TIA.
    Fid, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Fid

    gwtc Guest

    Fid wrote:
    > This one has me stumped. I have about 25 folders in my bookmarks listing.
    > When I do a bookmark search (Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and enter criteria
    > in the search box), how do I tell what folder the search result was found in?
    > TIA.

    thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.

    --
    Files From The Not To Swift Department . . .

    My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office
    of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have
    problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in
    one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming
    from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"
    gwtc, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Fid

    StreetMedic Guest

    Fid wrote:
    > This one has me stumped. I have about 25 folders in my bookmarks listing.
    > When I do a bookmark search (Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and enter criteria
    > in the search box), how do I tell what folder the search result was found in?
    > TIA.

    /golf clap

    Yes, thank you.

    I've had the same question myself for a little while.

    Thus far I've been unable to suss out an answer. Not convinced there
    *is* any way to do it that's native to Firefox. Perhaps there's an
    extension out there somewhere...
    StreetMedic, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Fid

    Ed Mullen Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Fid wrote:
    >> This one has me stumped. I have about 25 folders in my bookmarks
    >> listing.
    >> When I do a bookmark search (Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and enter
    >> criteria
    >> in the search box), how do I tell what folder the search result was
    >> found in?
    >> TIA.

    > thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.

    Not an elegant solution but you can open the bookmarks.html file in the
    browser, search, and find the context that way.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Fid

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Fid wrote:
    >>> This one has me stumped. I have about 25 folders in my bookmarks
    >>> listing.
    >>> When I do a bookmark search (Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and enter
    >>> criteria
    >>> in the search box), how do I tell what folder the search result was
    >>> found in?
    >>> TIA.

    >> thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.
    >>

    > Not an elegant solution but you can open the bookmarks.html file in the
    > browser, search, and find the context that way.

    according to Phil Chee, his xsidebar can reveal the location of a
    bookmark from a search: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

    gwtc, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Fid

    Fid Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:38:15 -0400, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >gwtc wrote:
    >> Fid wrote:
    >>> This one has me stumped. I have about 25 folders in my bookmarks
    >>> listing.
    >>> When I do a bookmark search (Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and enter
    >>> criteria
    >>> in the search box), how do I tell what folder the search result was
    >>> found in?
    >>> TIA.

    >> thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.
    >>

    >Not an elegant solution but you can open the bookmarks.html file in the
    >browser, search, and find the context that way.

    Hey, it's more than I had. ;-) Thanks.
    Fid, Aug 23, 2006
  7. Fid

    Fid Guest

    On 23 Aug 2006 21:53:39 +0200, gwtc <> wrote:

    >Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>> thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.
    >>>

    >> Not an elegant solution but you can open the bookmarks.html file in the
    >> browser, search, and find the context that way.
    >>

    >according to Phil Chee, his xsidebar can reveal the location of a
    >bookmark from a search: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

    Thanks. Surprised there isn't a native way to do it.
    Fid, Aug 23, 2006
  8. Fid

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Fid wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:38:15 -0400, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>> thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.
    >>>

    >> Not an elegant solution but you can open the bookmarks.html file in the
    >> browser, search, and find the context that way.

    > Hey, it's more than I had. ;-) Thanks.

    HTH. Sometimes, what works ... well ... works. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2006
  9. Fid

    Splibbilla Guest

    gwtc <> in news::

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>> thats the question of the decade. Right now, you can't.
    >>>

    >> Not an elegant solution but you can open the bookmarks.html file in the
    >> browser, search, and find the context that way.
    >>

    > according to Phil Chee, his xsidebar can reveal the location of a
    > bookmark from a search: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

    duplicate detector extension
    shows location, but only of teh duplicate bookmakrs.
    something i do when cleaing up *wihtout* dupe detector) is to use the search/filter. then ctrl click select multiple bookmakrs.
    tehn use move command (toolbar button) to move the bookmakrs to known location.
    too inconvenient for anything but minor reorganzation.

    --
    http://www.google.com/search?q="extra body parts" Serena "gorgeous volunteer" Boldly go" "sane
    +person
    Splibbilla, Sep 5, 2006