    toolbar that didn't work either. The toolbar is a long blank space right
    now.

    Any ideas?
    Tony Rice, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Tony Rice wrote:

    > The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I tried
    > resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder but I dont see
    > an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark from the URL line to the
    > toolbar that didn't work either. The toolbar is a long blank space right
    > now.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Do you mean the Bookmarks Toolbar, or the Bookmarks menu in the main
    toolbar? If the former, does the latter work as expected?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Tony Rice

    Tony Rice Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > Tony Rice wrote:
    >
    >> The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I
    >> tried resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder but
    >> I dont see an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark from the
    >> URL line to the toolbar that didn't work either. The toolbar is a
    >> long blank space right now.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > Do you mean the Bookmarks Toolbar, or the Bookmarks menu in the main
    > toolbar?

    Yes

    > If the former, does the latter work as expected?

    Yes, the bookmarks menu in the main toolbar and all it's sub folders work
    exactly as expected. It's the bookmarks toolbar itself that's gone
    wonky.

    Thanks,
    Tony
    Tony Rice, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Tony Rice

    Tony Rice Guest

    Tony Rice <> wrote in

    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote in
    >
    >> Tony Rice wrote:
    >>
    >>> The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I
    >>> tried resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder
    >>> but I dont see an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark
    >>> from the URL line to the toolbar that didn't work either. The
    >>> toolbar is a long blank space right now.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Do you mean the Bookmarks Toolbar, or the Bookmarks menu in the main
    >> toolbar?

    > Yes
    >
    >> If the former, does the latter work as expected?

    > Yes, the bookmarks menu in the main toolbar and all it's sub folders
    > work exactly as expected. It's the bookmarks toolbar itself that's
    > gone wonky.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tony

    I got it fixed. Something hosed with the bookmark file itself. I moved
    the contents of D:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\Application Data\Phoenix
    elsewhere and then started Mozilla back up.

    I then imported the old bookmarks file into the newly created bookmark
    file. I tried setting the old toolbar folder to be the toolbar folder and
    the problem returned.

    I then nuked the contents of the Phoenix folder above, restarted, and let
    it create a new bookmarks file. This time afer importing the old bookmarks
    file, I dragged the contents of the old toolbar folder into the newly
    created toolbar folder and all is well again.

    Comparing the 2 html files:

    Doesn't work:
    <h3 LAST_MODIFIED="1051252275" PERSONAL_TOOLBAR_FOLDER="true" ID="rdf:#
    $kS.mr">Personal Toolbar Folder</h3>

    Does work:
    <h3 LAST_MODIFIED="1069861157" ID="NC:personalToolbarFolder">Bookmarks
    Toolbar Folder</h3>

    Is this an old format for the bookmark file?
    Tony Rice, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Tony Rice

    Derald Guest

    Tony Rice <> wrote:

    >The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me.

    The Personal Toolbar folder just disappeared on me in Mozilla v1.6,
    too. The toolbar is blank and the folder is completely gone from the
    file. I am here in hopes of detemining why.
    --
    Derald Martin
    Derald, Jan 25, 2004