Bookmarks in Firefox 2

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Barry Karas, May 26, 2007.

  1. Barry Karas

    Barry Karas Guest

    26/May/2007 14:10

    Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and then
    the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version are listed
    by:

    1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:

    2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in categories.

    How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within categories?

    Thank you,

    Barry Karas
    Barry Karas, May 26, 2007

  2. Barry Karas

    Chalky Guest

    "Barry Karas" <> wrote in
    news::

    > 26/May/2007 14:10
    >
    > Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and
    > then the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version
    > are listed by:
    >
    > 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
    >
    > 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in
    > categories.
    >
    > How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within
    > categories?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    Bookmarks/organise bookmarks. and then move them to where you want them.
    Chalky, May 27, 2007

  3. Barry Karas

    Barry Karas Guest

    Thank you.

    Unless there is another option, doing what you suggest will take "forever".
    However it works.

    Barry Karas

    Barry Karas, May 28, 2007
  4. Barry Karas

    Chalky Guest

    "Barry Karas" <> wrote in

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Unless there is another option, doing what you suggest will take
    > "forever". However it works.
    >
    > Barry Karas
    >
    > "Chalky" <> wrote in message
    >> "Barry Karas" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> 26/May/2007 14:10
    >>>
    >>> Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder
    >>> and then the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this
    >>> version are listed by:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
    >>>
    >>> 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in
    >>> categories.
    >>>
    >>> How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within
    >>> categories?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>>
    >>> Barry Karas
    >>>

    >> Bookmarks/organise bookmarks. and then move them to where you want
    >> them.

    But once you have done it you can then place new bookmarks in the folder you
    want as you save them.
    Chalky, May 28, 2007
  5. Barry Karas

    Guest

    On May 26, 11:09 am, "Barry Karas" <> wrote:
    > 26/May/2007 14:10
    >
    > Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and then
    > the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version are listed
    > by:
    >
    > 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
    >
    > 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in categories.
    >
    > How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within categories?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    open the bookmark manager, and fiddle around with the settings under
    View. Does this work?
    , Jun 1, 2007