    advancing years.

    Thanks,

    Wally.

    Walter, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Walter

    dino Guest

    Walter wrote:
    > Hi Folks! When I click bookmarks in Firefox 2.0.0.1 the list of
    > bookmarks in some strange order seemingly decreed by Firefox. When I
    > go to Organize Bookmarks option they are all in alphabetical order
    > just as I want them and as expected with View settings :-- Sorted by
    > name, assending order
    >
    > How to get the main bookmark dropdown window to list in alpha. order?
    >
    > I'm sure that it is painfully obvious, so please put my lapse down to
    > advancing years.

    Click on Bookmarks to drop down the list.

    Right click on any bookmark and select "Sort By Name" near the bottom of
    the list.

    Should do the trick for you.

    dino, Mar 5, 2007

  3. dino wrote:
    > Walter wrote:
    >> Hi Folks! When I click bookmarks in Firefox 2.0.0.1 the list of
    >> bookmarks in some strange order seemingly decreed by Firefox. When I
    >> go to Organize Bookmarks option they are all in alphabetical order
    >> just as I want them and as expected with View settings :-- Sorted by
    >> name, assending order
    >>
    >> How to get the main bookmark dropdown window to list in alpha. order?
    >>
    >> I'm sure that it is painfully obvious, so please put my lapse down to
    >> advancing years.

    > Click on Bookmarks to drop down the list.
    >
    > Right click on any bookmark and select "Sort By Name" near the bottom of
    > the list.
    >
    > Should do the trick for you.

    Odd. When I right click on a bookmark, it opens the bookmark. If I
    right click on a bookmark folder, nothing happens.

    The only time I get sort by name in the context menu, is in Bookmarks
    Manager, and, as the OP says, it only affects the order in Bookmarks
    Manager, not in the Bookmarks drop down.

    Do you, by chance, have some sort of bookmarks related extension that is
    adding this functionality?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Walter

    dino Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > dino wrote:
    >> Walter wrote:
    >>> Hi Folks! When I click bookmarks in Firefox 2.0.0.1 the list of
    >>> bookmarks in some strange order seemingly decreed by Firefox. When I
    >>> go to Organize Bookmarks option they are all in alphabetical order
    >>> just as I want them and as expected with View settings :-- Sorted by
    >>> name, assending order
    >>>
    >>> How to get the main bookmark dropdown window to list in alpha. order?
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure that it is painfully obvious, so please put my lapse down to
    >>> advancing years.

    >> Click on Bookmarks to drop down the list.
    >>
    >> Right click on any bookmark and select "Sort By Name" near the bottom
    >> of the list.
    >>
    >> Should do the trick for you.

    > Odd. When I right click on a bookmark, it opens the bookmark. If I
    > right click on a bookmark folder, nothing happens.
    >
    > The only time I get sort by name in the context menu, is in Bookmarks
    > Manager, and, as the OP says, it only affects the order in Bookmarks
    > Manager, not in the Bookmarks drop down.
    >
    > Do you, by chance, have some sort of bookmarks related extension that is
    > adding this functionality?
    >
    > Lee

    Not that I'm aware of. I've a clean instal on another machine and I can
    do it there too

    dino, Mar 5, 2007
  5. dino wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> dino wrote:
    >>> Walter wrote:

    /snip/
    >>> Click on Bookmarks to drop down the list.
    >>>
    >>> Right click on any bookmark and select "Sort By Name" near the bottom
    >>> of the list.
    >>>
    >>> Should do the trick for you.

    >> Odd. When I right click on a bookmark, it opens the bookmark. If I
    >> right click on a bookmark folder, nothing happens.
    >>
    >> The only time I get sort by name in the context menu, is in Bookmarks
    >> Manager, and, as the OP says, it only affects the order in Bookmarks
    >> Manager, not in the Bookmarks drop down.
    >>
    >> Do you, by chance, have some sort of bookmarks related extension that
    >> is adding this functionality?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Not that I'm aware of. I've a clean instal on another machine and I can
    > do it there too

    Okay, it would appear to be an OS dependent issue, it doesn't work on
    OSX, but does on XP, so your fix should help the OP. Thanks for the
    clarification.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 6, 2007
  6. Walter

    Walter Guest

    On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:39:30 +0000, dino <> wrote:

    >Click on Bookmarks to drop down the list.
    >
    >Right click on any bookmark and select "Sort By Name" near the bottom of
    >the list.
    >
    >Should do the trick for you.

    Sure did the trick thanks. Seems I had a one track mind, expected
    overall changes to be made in the "Organsie Bookmarks" window.

    However as the saying goes, easy when you know how.

    Much appreciated,

    Wally

    Walter, Mar 6, 2007
  7. Walter

    sandman1318

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I'm having the same problem of not being able to alphabetize my bookmarks. Something must be wrong because I've used the "sort by name" feature before but it now does nothing. I've tried "right clicks" and "left clicks" and even closed all the browsers and reopened them again. But I still can't put the bookmarks in alphabetical order. Any suggestions?

    Neal

    sandman1318, Mar 14, 2007