    bookmarks back? BTW, this has happened before, but fixed itself w/ rebooting.
    Not this time though.

    Matt O.

    Matt O'Toole, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > My Firefox bookmarks have mysteriously disappeared. I searched for files named
    > "bookmarks" (I'm using Win2k Pro) I got a whole bunch of files, but I have no
    > idea which is which, let alone how to reload the right one. How do I get my
    > bookmarks back? BTW, this has happened before, but fixed itself w/ rebooting.
    > Not this time though.
    >
    > Matt O.

    Where you prompted at anyb time to create anew profile in order to open FF?

    If so, your bookmarks may be hiding in the old profile.

    What OS?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Where you prompted at anyb time to create anew profile in order to
    > open FF?

    No.

    > If so, your bookmarks may be hiding in the old profile.

    I suspected that, but I can't figure out how to get to the profiles.

    > What OS?

    Win2k Pro.

    Matt O.

    Matt O'Toole, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >

    >>Where you prompted at anyb time to create anew profile in order to
    >>open FF?

    > No.
    >

    >>If so, your bookmarks may be hiding in the old profile.

    > I suspected that, but I can't figure out how to get to the profiles.
    >

    >>What OS?

    > Win2k Pro.
    >
    > Matt O.

    C:\Documents & Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

    If you have more then one profile, look for bookmarks.html in each and
    open them in your browser. See if any are the missing bookmarks.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > C:\Documents & Settings\(username)\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    >
    > If you have more then one profile, look for bookmarks.html in each and
    > open them in your browser. See if any are the missing bookmarks.

    Nope, there's just one, and it's pretty much empty.

    However, there's another Profiles folder in the Mozilla folder, along with the
    Firefox folder. There's an earlier version of my bookmarks in there. I don't
    know where the latest one went, though. I searched the whole C drive for
    bookmarks.html. There are actually several, but the latese version is gone.
    Interestingly, the address bar history is still intact.

    Thanks for your help. Any hints are appreciated.

    Matt O.

    Matt O'Toole, Dec 21, 2004
  6. Matt O'Toole

    Xanophile Guest

    Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > My Firefox bookmarks have mysteriously disappeared. I searched for files named
    > "bookmarks" (I'm using Win2k Pro) I got a whole bunch of files, but I have no
    > idea which is which, let alone how to reload the right one. How do I get my
    > bookmarks back? BTW, this has happened before, but fixed itself w/ rebooting.
    > Not this time though.
    >
    > Matt O.

    This has happened many, many times to a friend of mine using xp home. I
    haven't got the first clue where her bookmarks went, but it's happened
    about 6 times now. No apparent reason (no freeze up, power failure,
    etc) and she wasn't asked to start a new profile. Just gone.

    If you ever figure out where they went or why, post the answer here.
    I'd like to know, too.

    Xanophile, Dec 22, 2004