bookmarks folder

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by lewydefourth, Jun 17, 2008.

  1. lewydefourth

    lewydefourth Guest

    Last night the bookmarks were all available and operating, this
    morning only the last entry added last evening is there.

    I searched and found the bookmarks html in C:\Prog
    files\Moz\defaults\profile. copying the backup and replacing the
    incorrect file made no change.

    I eventually also found the incorrect file in Documents and
    Settings\Moz\ bla bla \profile\3sfdo5az\bookmarks.html.

    Replacing this with the backup solved the problem. I felt that this
    seemed a bit convoluted to access the bookmark file and while
    searching here I came across:- "OK, I checked and the
    "bookmark.html" file and the "bookmarks" folder were both marked "read
    only.""

    I have no bookmarks folder (unless it is hidden) should I? Where
    should it be put. Program Files, Documents and Settings, or?

    Thanks

    Lewy

    lewydefourth, Jun 17, 2008

  2. lewydefourth

    lewydefourth Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:30:11 +1000, lewydefourth wrote:

    >Last night the bookmarks were all available and operating, this
    >morning only the last entry added last evening is there.
    >
    >I searched and found the bookmarks html in C:\Prog
    >files\Moz\defaults\profile. copying the backup and replacing the
    >incorrect file made no change.
    >
    >I eventually also found the incorrect file in Documents and
    >Settings\Moz\ bla bla \profile\3sfdo5az\bookmarks.html.
    >
    >Replacing this with the backup solved the problem. I felt that this
    >seemed a bit convoluted to access the bookmark file and while
    >searching here I came across:- "OK, I checked and the
    >"bookmark.html" file and the "bookmarks" folder were both marked "read
    >only.""
    >
    >I have no bookmarks folder (unless it is hidden) should I? Where
    >should it be put. Program Files, Documents and Settings, or?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Lewy

    Using Firefox/2.0.0.14 Thanks again!

    Lewy