Bookmarks, Extensions, Settings...all DISAPPEARED

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Cody_Dude, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. Cody_Dude

    Cody_Dude Guest

    This happened yesterday. I suddenly opened up FF 1.06 and all my
    bookmarks, extensions, and settings where all gone.

    I looked up on the Mozilla web forums and don't see any real responses
    that discuss this as a user problem or a bug. (Although plenty of
    people are complaining about it).

    I did discover that I had two profiles off the profiles directory but
    only one showed up in FF. I did a search for bookmarks.* and found
    only two default files around 16k apiece. My installed extensions all
    disappeared too.

    One thing I know I did is open some stupid video that I downloaded
    that was suppose to be some humourous advertisement from the UK.
    It didn't play but it tried to redirect me to a web site. I'm
    wondering if video files of any kind can contain script? Perhaps it
    nuked my profile directory.

    I lost a lot of very cool bookmarks so now I'm using an extension
    called bookmark backup. Works great. Beware and keep your bookmarks
    backed up.

    Anyone have moire detailed info about this?

    Regards,

    Cody

    Cody_Dude, Jul 29, 2005