    a few folders on it, and no way to make it go further. Is that
    correctable by the user?

    Thanks
    Gualtier Malde, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Gualtier Malde

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > If I have my bookmarks side bar open, I have the option of dragging the
    > title bar icon of a web site to the folder I want it in. But if I
    > don't, I depend on right-clicking to bookmark. That's a problem.
    >
    > If I right-click I get the small window which allows me to change the
    > name and has a "Create in" roll down, but the rolled down list only has
    > a few folders on it, and no way to make it go further. Is that
    > correctable by the user?

    Click the down arrow to the right of the dropdown box - that will
    display your entire bookmark folder structure, and you can navigate to
    the folder you're looking for. The folders displayed in the dropdown are
    only the ones you've most recently saved a bookmark to.

    Dave
    Dave Garrett, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Dave Garrett wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >> If I have my bookmarks side bar open, I have the option of dragging the
    >> title bar icon of a web site to the folder I want it in. But if I
    >> don't, I depend on right-clicking to bookmark. That's a problem.
    >>
    >> If I right-click I get the small window which allows me to change the
    >> name and has a "Create in" roll down, but the rolled down list only has
    >> a few folders on it, and no way to make it go further. Is that
    >> correctable by the user?

    > Click the down arrow to the right of the dropdown box - that will
    > display your entire bookmark folder structure, and you can navigate to
    > the folder you're looking for. The folders displayed in the dropdown are
    > only the ones you've most recently saved a bookmark to.
    >
    > Dave

    Ah, would that t'were so, but there are no down arrows (aka scrollbars).
    I would not seek help otherwise.
    Gualtier Malde, Mar 8, 2006
  4. Gualtier Malde

    Z Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> Click the down arrow to the right of the dropdown box - that will
    >> display your entire bookmark folder structure, and you can navigate to
    >> the folder you're looking for. The folders displayed in the dropdown
    >> are only the ones you've most recently saved a bookmark to.

    > Ah, would that t'were so, but there are no down arrows (aka scrollbars).
    > I would not seek help otherwise.

    Bookmarks > Bookmark this page

    Look again. See the 2nd (smaller) down arrow to the right on the same
    line as "Create In:" ?
    Z, Mar 8, 2006
  5. Gualtier Malde

    Tom Allen Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > If I have my bookmarks side bar open, I have the option of dragging the
    > title bar icon of a web site to the folder I want it in. But if I
    > don't, I depend on right-clicking to bookmark. That's a problem.
    >
    > If I right-click I get the small window which allows me to change the
    > name and has a "Create in" roll down, but the rolled down list only has
    > a few folders on it, and no way to make it go further. Is that
    > correctable by the user?

    You might want to install the Add Bookmark Here extension. It will allow
    you to open the bookmark folder and subfolder, and a menu will be at the
    top (or bottom) asking if you want to add it to that subfolder. There is
    also an option to skip some of the dialogue.
    Tom Allen, Mar 8, 2006
  6. Z wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >>> Click the down arrow to the right of the dropdown box - that will
    >>> display your entire bookmark folder structure, and you can navigate
    >>> to the folder you're looking for. The folders displayed in the
    >>> dropdown are only the ones you've most recently saved a bookmark to.

    >> Ah, would that t'were so, but there are no down arrows (aka
    >> scrollbars). I would not seek help otherwise.

    > Bookmarks > Bookmark this page
    >
    > Look again. See the 2nd (smaller) down arrow to the right on the same
    > line as "Create In:" ?

    Excellent, and embarrassing for me, as always. Sometimes I think I
    can't see anything. Thank you.
    Gualtier Malde, Mar 8, 2006