    Any help appreciated.

    Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    http://www.visitvictoria.com/
    Echuca, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Echuca

    bioderm Guest

    "Echuca" <> wrote in message
    news:4175ccd7$0$10347$...
    > Hello
    > Brand new to Mozilla Firefox ( using Version 0.9.3 ). When I click on
    > "Bookmarks" on the web page my folders are not in alpha. order
    > notwithstanding that they are alpha. sorted in "Bookmark Manager". I have
    > tried right clicking as in MS IE but that option is not there. Is there a
    > way to achieve this? I could not find anything in Help & have checked
    > Sept 04.
    >
    > Also is the Mozilla email product ( Thunderbird?) a lot better than MS
    > Outlook Express - which I currently use? I have no major problems with OE
    > but thought I'd switch if it is better. I am enjoying Mozilla Firefox and
    > still learning.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    > http://www.visitvictoria.com/

    Hi.

    The latest version (1.0PR) has the ability to right click and sort
    bookmarks. However I haven't found a way to sort folders, to that you have
    to hold down shift and left click - drag the folder to where you want it.
    bioderm, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Echuca

    Charles Guest

    >> Also is the Mozilla email product ( Thunderbird?) a lot better than MS
    >> Outlook Express - which I currently use? I have no major problems with
    >> OE
    >> but thought I'd switch if it is better. I am enjoying Mozilla Firefox and
    >> still learning.

    Speaking for myself, I installed Firefox, loved it, installed Thunderbird,
    hated it, uninstalled it a few days later.

    I still use Outlook Express for mail.

    ---
    Charles, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Echuca

    Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:14:27 +1000, "Echuca" <>
    wrote:

    goto - http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?act=portal&site=5

    and get "Sort Bookmarks"

    Author: Torisugari
    Version: 0.5.1
    Size: 7KB
    Date: 2004-06-27
    Compatibility: ( 0.8 - 0.9+)
    Homepage

    This extension sorts your bookmarks alphabetically. Bookmarks -> Sort
    Bookmarks.

    Install

    A repackaged version made by jooliaan can be found here:
    ( 0.8 - 1.0)
    --
    GWClay
    , Oct 20, 2004
  5. Echuca

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    wrote:

    >Hello
    >Brand new to Mozilla Firefox ( using Version 0.9.3 ). When I click on
    >"Bookmarks" on the web page my folders are not in alpha. order
    >notwithstanding that they are alpha. sorted in "Bookmark Manager". I have
    >tried right clicking as in MS IE but that option is not there. Is there a
    >way to achieve this? I could not find anything in Help & have checked
    >Sept 04.
    >
    >Also is the Mozilla email product ( Thunderbird?) a lot better than MS
    >Outlook Express - which I currently use? I have no major problems with OE
    >but thought I'd switch if it is better. I am enjoying Mozilla Firefox and
    >still learning.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.
    >
    >Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    >http://www.visitvictoria.com/

    Hi Echuca,
    You can download the necessary extension from
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102

    I found that you need to click on both 'Install' buttons, the upper
    one first, below 'This extension sorts etc.' and then grant permission
    for FF to download from that site and then the lower for the actual
    installation.

    Kind regards from Hampton Court, Surrey, England

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 21, 2004
  6. Echuca

    Echuca Guest

    Many thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the downloads from the links
    provided by Reg & GW Clay didn't work, telling me that they are not
    compatible with my version.

    Still looking for help on bookmarks then, plus any more thoughts on OE vs
    Thunderbird would be appreciated.

    Thanks again
    Greg

    Echuca, Oct 21, 2004
  7. Echuca

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:45:37 +1000, "Echuca" <>
    wrote:

    >Many thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the downloads from the links
    >provided by Reg & GW Clay didn't work, telling me that they are not
    >compatible with my version.
    >
    >Still looking for help on bookmarks then, plus any more thoughts on OE vs
    >Thunderbird would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks again
    >Greg

    Hi Greg,
    Sorry to hear that. I am using the latest version of Firefox,
    available from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and by
    clicking on 'Tools/Extensions/Get More Extensions' searched through
    the pages for 'Sort Bookmarks' without success. Other than seeing if
    someone else has the answer, all I can think to suggest is you
    download the latest version.
    Good luck,
    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 21, 2004
  8. Echuca

    Clippy Guest

    .. Other than seeing if
    > someone else has the answer, all I can think to suggest is you
    > download the latest version.
    > Good luck,
    > Reg

    He has got the latest version, that is the problem! The extensions
    mentioned in the previous posts simply are not compatible with the
    latest firefox.

    Bookmarks seem to be the one area that really let it down. To start
    with there is no simple Alpha sort. Also if you import IE favourites
    you then cannot delete the 'Bookmarks Toolbar Folder' that it creates
    and finally Firefox seems to be in the habit of randomly deleting them
    every once in a while!!

    And this is without starting on Thunderbird! Having said all this still
    seems more secure and nicer experience than the Microsoft one.

    --
    MSN Messenger:
    Yahoo / Steam: crymealiver

    "Cheese - Milk's leap toward immortality"
    - Clifton Fadiman
    Clippy, Oct 22, 2004
  9. Echuca

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:07:48 +0100, Clippy <>
    wrote:

    >. Other than seeing if
    >> someone else has the answer, all I can think to suggest is you
    >> download the latest version.
    >> Good luck,
    >> Reg

    >He has got the latest version, that is the problem! The extensions
    >mentioned in the previous posts simply are not compatible with the
    >latest firefox.
    >
    >Bookmarks seem to be the one area that really let it down. To start
    >with there is no simple Alpha sort. Also if you import IE favourites
    >you then cannot delete the 'Bookmarks Toolbar Folder' that it creates
    >and finally Firefox seems to be in the habit of randomly deleting them
    >every once in a while!!
    >
    >And this is without starting on Thunderbird! Having said all this still
    >seems more secure and nicer experience than the Microsoft one.

    Hi Clippy,
    I am sorry if I have missed something somewhere, but my
    understanding is that Greg is using Version 9.3 and I am using the
    later Version 1.0 'Preview Release'. The extension download I
    indicated does work with that.
    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 22, 2004
  10. Echuca

    MLC Guest

    _Clippy_, venerdì 22/ott/2004:

    > He has got the latest version, that is the problem! The extensions
    > mentioned in the previous posts simply are not compatible with the
    > latest firefox.

    I have Sort Bookmarks 0.5.1 installed on Firefox/0.10.1 and it is fully
    compatible.
    Did you try the _repackaged_ version from the link Reg had given?
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 22/10/2004 10.09.12
    MLC, Oct 22, 2004
  11. Echuca

    Echuca Guest

    Hello again

    Thanks to everyone trying to help. I have tried the repackaged version from
    the link Reg provided & it too tells me it is not compatible with my
    version. Still looking for any further thoughts.

    Thanks

    Echuca, Oct 22, 2004